2019 Super League – Salford Red Devils vs Warrington Wolves Preview & Prediction
When is Salford Red Devils vs Warrington Wolves taking place? Thursday 29th August, 19:45
Where is Salford Red Devils vs Warrington Wolves taking place? The AJ Bell Stadium
What channel is Salford Red Devils vs Warrington Wolves on in the UK? Sky Sports Arena
Where can I stream the match in the UK? Sky Sports subscribers can stream the match online via Sky Go
Where can I get tickets for Salford Red Devils vs Warrington Wolves?
Salford Red Devils – https://www.eticketing.co.uk/salfordreddevils/Events/Index
Warrington Wolves – https://shop.warringtonwolves.com/match-tickets.aspx
THE TEAM NEWS
SALFORD RED DEVILS
Head Coach: Ian Watson
Squad: Bibby, Burke, Dudson, Evalds, Flanagan, Hastings, Inu, J. Johnson, Jones, Lannon, Lolohea, Lussick, McCarthy, Mossop, Nakubuwai, Sio, Tomkins, Walker, Welham
Unavailable: Ed Chamberlain, George Griffin, Derrell Olpherts
- Salford maintained their brilliant form as they were rampant in victory over play-off rivals Hull FC in their last game to make it five wins in a row and leave their top 5 fate in their own hands.
- Jackson Hastings has pulled the strings for the majority of the season for the Red Devils and he will be the key man against Warrington as they look to make it three wins in a row over the Wolves.
- Ian Watson makes just one change to his 19-man squad from the game against Hull with Tyrone McCarthy set to return to the side after overcoming a knock and he takes the place of Josh Wood.
Head Coach: Steve Price
Squad: Akauola, Burrell, Charnley, D. Clark, J. Clark, Currie, Davis, Goodwin, Hughes, Lineham, Livett, Mamo, Murdoch-Masila, Philbin, Ratchford, Smith, Tasi, Walker, Westwood
Unavailable: Blake Austin, Mike Cooper, Chris Hill, Toby King, Declan Patton
- Warrington upset the odds to put their poor league form behind them by beating St. Helens in last week's Challenge Cup final but face a tough ask to back that up as they head to the in-form Salford.
- With such a short turnaround, the Wolves could look to ring the changes here with Matty Smith one of those who will come into contention along with Lama Tasi, Danny Walker and Luther Burrell.
- Mike Cooper, Chris Hill, Declan Patton and Toby King are all afforded a rest and head coach Steve Price may make further changes to his squad before kick-off whilst there is still no sign of Blake Austin who continues to sit out with an ankle injury.
Salford have defeated Warrington on both occasions that the two teams have met this season and will be confident of the hat-trick. They head into this on the back of a five-match winning streak and a week off which can see them take advantage of Warrington's short turnaround following their Challenge Cup success. The Wolves have lost five in a row in the league and whilst they may be boosted following last week’s superb display at Wembley, they may have to wait another week to reap the benefits of that effort.