2019 Super League – Salford Red Devils vs Huddersfield Giants Preview & Prediction
When is Salford Red Devils vs Huddersfield Giants taking place? Sunday 11th August, 15:00
Where is Salford Red Devils vs Huddersfield Giants taking place? The AJ Bell Stadium
What channel is Salford Red Devils vs Huddersfield Giants on in the UK? Salford Red Devils vs Huddersfield Giants will not be televised live in the UK
Where can I stream the match in the UK? N/A
Where can I get tickets for Salford Red Devils vs Huddersfield Giants?
Salford Red Devils – https://www.eticketing.co.uk/salfordreddevils/Events/Index
Huddersfield Giants – https://giants.tickethour.co.uk/
THE TEAM NEWS
SALFORD RED DEVILS
Head Coach: Ian Watson
Squad: Bibby, Burke, Dudson, Evalds, Flanagan, Hastings, Inu, J. Johnson, Jones, Lannon, Lolohea, Lussick, McCarthy, Mossop, Olpherts, Sio, Tomkins, Walker, Welham
Unavailable: Ed Chamberlain, George Griffin, Ben Nakubuwai
- Salford made it three wins in a row as they made their play-off intentions clear and will fancy their chances of another victory here as they host struggling Huddersfield although they will have to be better than when they last met at the start of July.
- The Red Devils have plenty of options to pick from here but head coach Ian Watson may select the same 17 if they have escaped any knocks although he does have two further options at his disposal here.
- Ken Sio returns to the 19-man squad in place of Greg Johnson whilst Ryan Lannon could also feature after his loan from Hull KR was extended until the end of the season with Daniel Murray remaining with Rovers.
Head Coach: Simon Woolford
Squad: English, Gaskell, Holmes, Ikahihifo, Lawrence, Leeming, McGilvary, Matagi, McIntosh, Mellor, O’Brien, Roberts, Russell, L. Senior, I. Senior, Ta’ai, Walne, Ja. Wardle, Jo. Wardle, Wilson
Unavailable: Akuila Uate, Leroy Cudjoe, Jordan Turner, Paul Clough, Aaron Murphy, Adam Walne
- Huddersfield were well beaten by Leeds in their important contest last week as they failed to score a single point whilst conceding 44 in a worrying defeat that will set alarm bells ringing within the Giants camp.
- The Giants changed their halfback pairing once again with Matt Frawley coming into the side but he had little impact on the game and has been replaced in the 19-man squad by Tom Holmes.
- Joe Wardle and Sebastine Ikahihifo also come into the 19 after overcoming injuries but Adam Walne is out after he picked up a one-match suspension last week and Aaron Murphy is injured.
These two teams are heading in opposite directions with Salford having their eyes set on a play-off berth whilst Huddersfield plunged further into relegation trouble. The Giants were terrible and will somehow need to respond this week but Salford are on a high and can win again. The Red Devils need to keep their winning run going to force their way into the top 5 and can move a step closer here with a win that will keep the Giants in danger of the drop.