2019 Super League – Huddersfield Giants vs Catalans Dragons Preview & Prediction
When is Huddersfield Giants vs Catalans Dragons taking place? Friday 13th September, 19:45
Where is Huddersfield Giants vs Catalans Dragons taking place? John Smith's Stadium
What channel is Huddersfield Giants vs Catalans Dragons on in the UK? Huddersfield Giants vs Catalans Dragons will not be televised live in the UK
Where can I stream the match in the UK? N/A
Where can I get tickets for Huddersfield Giants vs Catalans Dragons?
Huddersfield Giants – https://giants.tickethour.co.uk/
Catalans Dragons – https://www.dragons-billetterie.com/uk
THE TEAM NEWS
Head Coach: Simon Woolford
Squad: Butler, Clough, Frawley, Gaskell, Ikahihifo, Kirby, Leeming, Matagi, McGilvary, McIntosh, Mellor, Murphy, O’Brien, Roberts, L. Senior, Ta’ai, Walne, Ja. Wardle, Wilson
Unavailable: Akuila Uate, Leroy Cudjoe, Jordan Turner, Matty English, Joe Wardle, Michael Lawrence
- Huddersfield were heavily beaten at St. Helens last week and the manner of that loss could have big ramifications on their season with the Giants involved in a four-way battle to stay up in the final round of the season.
- The Giants will be desperate to have Matt Frawley and Lee Gaskell back this week after the pair missed out through injuries against Saints and they both feature in the 19-man squad which is a big boost.
- Aaron Murphy and Oliver Roberts are also in the squad after overcoming injuries but Michael Lawrence has picked up a knock and will miss out whilst Tom Holmes and Sam Hewitt are also omitted.
Head Coach: Steve McNamara
Squad: Albert, Baitieri, Belmas, Bird, Bousquet, Da Costa, Garcia, Goudemand, Jullien, Kasiano, Langi, Maria, McIlorum, Morgue, Romano, Simon, Tierney, Tomkins, Wiliame
Unavailable: Sam Moa, Jodie Broughton, Fouad Yaha, Remi Casty, David Mead, Tony Gigot, Matt Whitley, Kenny Edwards
- Catalans will attempt to round their season off with a win as they suffered another heavy defeat against Wigan last week which was their fourth in a row as their year peters out.
- The Dragons still have numerous players on the sidelines and this could be a very under-strength side once again for their season finale with Kenny Edwards and Matt Whitley the latest to pick up injuries.
- Ben Garcia is back from a suspension whilst youngster Arthur Mourgue could come in to the side after he was called into the 19-man squad for the first time this season and if selected, he would make just his second appearance for the Dragons.
Huddersfield may need a win to stay up and will be thankful that they get the chance to do that against an out of sorts Catalans team. The Dragons have now gone four games without a win and have only managed 30 points in those matches. This could be a low-scoring affair with the Giants under plenty of pressure to perform and although they could stay up even if they lose, they should be able to determine their own fate with a victory here.