2019 Super League – Huddersfield Giants vs Castleford Tigers Preview & Prediction
When is Huddersfield Giants vs Castleford Tigers taking place? Sunday 18th August, 15:00
Where is Huddersfield Giants vs Castleford Tigers taking place? John Smith's Stadium
What channel is Huddersfield Giants vs Castleford Tigers on in the UK? This match will be televised live on Sky Sports
Where can I stream the match in the UK? Sky Sports subscribers will be able to stream the match live via Sky Go
Where can I get tickets for Huddersfield Giants vs Castleford Tigers?
Huddersfield Giants – https://giants.tickethour.co.uk/
Castleford Tigers – https://tigers.mysportstickets.co.uk/
THE TEAM NEWS
Head Coach: Simon Woolford
Squad: Gaskell, Hewitt, Holmes, Ikahihifo, Lawrence, Leeming, McGilvary, Matagi, McIntosh, Mellor, O’Brien, Roberts, Russell, L. Senior, I. Senior, Ta’ai, Walne, Ja. Wardle, Wilson
Unavailable: Akuila Uate, Leroy Cudjoe, Jordan Turner, Paul Clough, Aaron Murphy, Matty English, Joe Wardle
- Huddersfield failed to hold on to a second half lead against Salford with that loss keeping the Giants in grave danger of relegation, especially with London’s win over Catalans on Saturday night now drawing them level on points with the team at the bottom.
- The Giants tried another halfback pairing last week with Oliver Russell starting alongside Tom Holmes and that pairing could be retained after doing a decent job for most of the game against Salford.
- Head coach Simon Woolford has been forced into making two changes to his 19-man squad with Matty English and Joe Wardle both out with injuries and they are replaced by Sam Hewitt and Adam Walne.
Head Coach: Daryl Powell
Squad: Aston, Blair, Clare, Egodo, Ellis, Holmes, Maher, Massey, Mata’utia, McMeeken, McShane, Millington, Milner, Minikin, O’Neill, Rankin, Sene-Lefao, Smith, Trueman
Unavailable: Luke Gale, Alex Foster, Michael Shenton, Junior Moors, Liam Watts, Greg Eden
- Castleford had to overcome a half-time deficit against bottom of the table London as the Tigers kept their play-off hopes alive but will need to back that up with another victory as they head to Huddersfield.
- The Tigers looked a lot better with Jamie Ellis back in the side for his first appearance of the season following a long injury lay-off and he looks set to continue alongside Jake Trueman in the halves.
- Head coach Daryl Powell has made just one change to his 19-man squad this week with Greg Minikin fit again after missing out with a knock against London with Chris Clarkson the man to make way.
This game between Huddersfield and Castleford could be key to how both teams end the 2019 season. The Giants are trying to avoid relegation whilst the Tigers have the play-offs in their sights. Castleford need to win if they are to remain on track for a spot in the top 5 and they should be able to do that here although they will have to be on their guard against a Huddersfield side that come into this game on 18 points, level on points with bottom side London as well as Hull KR and Wakefield.