2019 Super League – Catalans Dragons vs London Broncos Preview & Prediction
When is Catalans Dragons vs London Broncos taking place? Saturday 17th August, 17:00 (UK)
Where is Catalans Dragons vs London Broncos taking place? Stade Gilbert Brutus
What channel is Catalans Dragons vs London Broncos on in the UK? Sky Sports Mix
Where can I stream the match in the UK? Sky Sports subscribers can stream the match online via Sky Go
Where can I get tickets for Catalans Dragons vs London Broncos?
Catalans Dragons – https://www.dragons-billetterie.com/uk
London Broncos – https://londonbroncosrl.com/match-day-ticket-sales/
THE TEAM NEWS
Head Coach: Steve McNamara
Squad: Albert, Belmas, Bird, Bousquet, Casty, Da Costa, Edwards, Garcia, Gigot, Goudemand, Jullien, Kasiano, Maria, Mead, Romano, Simon, Tierney, Wiliame, Whitley
Unavailable: Jason Baitieri, Sam Moa, Jodie Broughton, Sam Tomkins, Michael McIlorum, Fouad Yaha, Samisoni Langi
- Catalans could not take advantage of Leeds being reduced to 12-men as they fell to a poor defeat at Headingley last week and they will have to respond quickly if they want to stay on course to make the play-offs.
- The Dragons will still be without suspended duo Sam Tomkins and Michael McIlorum leaving them short of genuine playmaking options, especially after Matty Smith joined Warrington on loan last week.
- Head coach Steve McNamara has named the same 19 as last week with none of his injured players fit enough to return and he could well name the same side as he gives those who flopped last week a chance to redeem themselves.
Head Coach: Danny Ward
Squad: Abdull, Armitage, Battye, Cunningham, Dixon, Fozard, Gee, Hindmarsh, Ioane, Kear, Krasniqi, Lamb, Lovell, Mason, Morgan, Pitts, Walker, Williams, Yates
Unavailable: Eloi Pelissier, Morgan Smith, Greg Richards, Rob Butler, Matty Fleming, Sadiq Adebiyi
- London were competitive in the first half against Castleford but could not hold on to their half-time lead as they fell to another defeat and time is running out to save themselves from the drop.
- The Broncos have struggled for several weeks but do not have many options to change their team up with several players still injured, though they could opt to give new signing Guy Armitage an opportunity after he was named in the 19-man squad.
- Ryan Morgan, Matt Gee and Dan Hindmarsh come into the side too with Matty Fleming and Sadiq Adebiyi out with knocks and Ben Hellwell is dropped whilst Rob Butler will sit out to serve a one-match ban.
Catalans were very poor last week as the 12-men of Leeds were able to comfortably defeat them. The Dragons were unable to score a single point in the period they had a numerical advantage and now face a London team that defeated them at the Stade Gilbert Brutus earlier in the season but they should be able to gain revenge for that. London are running out of games to put pressure on those above them and although this should be a big opportunity against a Catalans side missing two key playmakers, they are likely to fall short once again.