2020 NRL – Sydney Roosters vs St. George Illawarra Dragons Preview & Prediction
When is Sydney Roosters vs St. George Illawarra Dragons taking place? Friday 26th June, 2020 – 10:55 (UK)
Where is Sydney Roosters vs St. George Illawarra Dragons taking place? Bankwest Stadium, Sydney
What is the expected weather for Sydney Roosters vs St. George Illawarra Dragons? 13c, clear skies
What channel is Sydney Roosters vs St. George Illawarra Dragons on? Sky Sports Arena will be televising selected NRL games in the UK and you can find their schedule here. For Australian broadcasters, you can find a list here
Where can I stream Sydney Roosters vs St. George Illawarra Dragons? If televised on Sky Sports, then subscribers will be able to stream the match live via Sky Go. Alternatively, the match will be available to subscribers of Watch NRL
Where can I get tickets for Sydney Roosters vs St. George Illawarra Dragons? Click here for ticket information on 2020 NRL matches
THE TEAM NEWS
Starting 13: B. Morris, Tupou, Manu, Aubusson, Hall, Keary, Flanagan, Waerea-Hargreaves, Friend, Taukeiaho, Cordner, Crichton, Radley – Interchanges: Verrills, Liu, Butcher, Collins – Reserves: Tupouniua, Lam
Unavailable: Billy Smith (Injured), James Tedesco (Injured), Josh Morris (Injured)
- Sydney Roosters held off a Parramatta Eels fightback as the reigning premiers showed their class with a superb victory last weekend and they have now won all four of their matches since the season got back underway following the enforced break.
- The Roosters completed at 90% and their ability to build pressure proved decisive as they ran out 24-10 winners over the team many fancy to be the Tricolours’ biggest threat to making it three successive Premiership wins.
- Despite last week’s impressive victory, the Roosters have picked up a double injury blow with star fullback James Tedesco ruled out after he was involved in a heavy collision with Maika Sivo while Josh Morris is also out so Mitchell Aubusson and Ryan Hall come into the starting XIII.
ST. GEORGE ILLAWARRA DRAGONS
Starting 13: Dufty, Saab, Aitken, Lomax, Ravalawa, Norman, Clune, Lawrie, McInnes, Vaughan, Frizell, Fuimaono, Merrin – Interchanges: Hunt, Kerr, Host, Ford – Reserves: K. Sims, Sailor
Unavailable: Jack de Belin (Disciplinary), Brayden Wiliame (Injured), Tariq Sims (Injured), Jordan Pereira (Suspended)
- St. George Illawarra Dragons made it back-to-back wins as they earned a comfortable win over Gold Coast Titans last week but they know that this will be an enormous test for them as they face their toughest game so far this season.
- Tries from Zac Lomax, Miakele Ravalawa and Jordan Pereira were enough to see off the Titans who they managed to prevent crossing their whitewash until a 76th minute consolation but there is still plenty of work to do for the Dragons who only managed to complete at 74%.
- A similar number against the Roosters would make it difficult for them to be competitive while the Dragons also have to deal with the loss of James Graham who is returning to Super League while Jordan Pereira is suspended so his place on the wing is taken by Jason Saab.
Sydney Roosters once again highlighted their credentials with a brilliant display to beat Parramatta Eels last week. The Roosters showed their class on both sides of the ball and will be eager to back that effort up as they face St. George Illawarra Dragons. Their opponents enter this contest on the back of successive wins but this is a different challenge altogether for the Dragons and despite showing some improvements in their last two, the Roosters are a class above and should be able to lead at half-time before seeing the game out in the second half.