When is Sydney Roosters vs Gold Coast Titans taking place? Saturday 1st August, 2020 – 06:00 (UK)
Where is Sydney Roosters vs Gold Coast Titans taking place? Sydney Cricket Ground, Sydney
What is the expected weather for Sydney Roosters vs Gold Coast Titans? 17c, sunny
What channel is Sydney Roosters vs Gold Coast Titans on? Sky Sports Arena will be televising selected NRL games in the UK and you can find their schedule here. For Australian broadcasters, you can find a list here
Where can I stream Sydney Roosters vs Gold Coast Titans? If televised on Sky Sports, then subscribers will be able to stream the match live via Sky Go. Alternatively, the match will be available to subscribers of Watch NRL
Where can I get tickets for Sydney Roosters vs Gold Coast Titans? Click here for ticket information on 2020 NRL matches
THE TEAM NEWS
Starting 13: Tedesco, Hall, Manu, Aubusson, Ikuvalu, Keary, Flanagan, Waerea-Hargreaves, Friend, Taukeiaho, Tupouinua, N. Butcher, Liu – Interchanges: Lam, Faamausili, Collins, Fifita – Reserves: Tuipulotu, E. Butcher
Unavailable: Billy Smith (Injured), Victor Radley (Injured), Sam Verrills (Injured), Daniel Tupou (Injured), Angus Crichton (Injured), Boyd Cordner (Injured), Brett Morris (Injured), Josh Morris (Injured)
- Sydney Roosters stuttered their way to victory over New Zealand Warriors last week as the reigning premiers once again failed to fire on all cylinders and they will hope this contest against Gold Coast Titans can provide them with the opportunity to improve on their recent displays.
- The Roosters trailed at the break but fought back well in the second half and keep the Warriors scoreless to claim a 10-18 victory as they cut out the errors with their seven in that contest bringing down their average per game for the season to 11.6.
- That remains the fourth-highest error rate in the NRL and they will need to keep bringing that down if they are to finish in the top four but they have suffered another injury setback this week with Brett Morris ruled out which hands a chance to Ryan Hall on the wing and in a further blow, Josh Morris has also been ruled out 24 hours before kick-off.
GOLD COAST TITANS
Starting 13: Thompson, Don, Kelly, Copley, Sami, Taylor, Fogarty, Fotuaika, Peats, Jolliffe, Proctor, Hipgrave, Arrow – Interchanges: Boyd, Peachey, Wallace, Stone – Reserves: Whitbread, Brimson
Unavailable: Ryan James (Injured), Jonus Pearson (Injured), Young Tonumaipea (Injured), Mitch Rein (Injured)
- Gold Coast Titans were very competitive against top of the ladder Penrith Panthers last week but their inability to score the whitewash in the second half prevented them from claiming the two competition points.
- The Titans were starved of possession as they spent over eight minutes fewer with the ball than the Panthers but they did well to hang in and lost by just eight points with head coach Justin Holbrook likely to take plenty from his side’s effort.
- However, his side made 12 errors to take their total for the year to 143 which remains the worst record in the NRL and that must improve if they are to keep Sydney Roosters in check, although they could have an extra attacking weapon at their disposal this week after AJ Brimson was listed among the reserves with the fullback set to be promoted into the side come kick-off.
Sydney Roosters have failed to impress in their last two matches and despite earning the win over New Zealand Warriors last week, they have plenty to work on. They face Gold Coast Titans here in another game that they are expected to win comfortably but their opponents may have different ideas after a spirited display against Penrith Panthers in their last outing. If the Titans can cut the errors out they should be competitive in this contest and while it may not be enough to come out on top having lost their last five against the Roosters, they should come out on top with the aid of a +22.5 start.