2020 NRL – South Sydney Rabbitohs vs Newcastle Knights Preview & Prediction
When is South Sydney Rabbitohs vs Newcastle Knights taking place? Saturday 18th July, 2020 – 08:30 (UK)
Where is South Sydney Rabbitohs vs Newcastle Knights taking place? Bankwest Stadium, Sydney
What is the expected weather for South Sydney Rabbitohs vs Newcastle Knights? 14c, mostly cloudy
What channel is South Sydney Rabbitohs vs Newcastle Knights on? Sky Sports Arena will be televising selected NRL games in the UK and you can find their schedule here. For Australian broadcasters, you can find a list here
Where can I stream South Sydney Rabbitohs vs Newcastle Knights? If televised on Sky Sports, then subscribers will be able to stream the match live via Sky Go. Alternatively, the match will be available to subscribers of Watch NRL
Where can I get tickets for South Sydney Rabbitohs vs Newcastle Knights? Click here for ticket information on 2020 NRL matches
THE TEAM NEWS
SOUTH SYDNEY RABBITOHS
Starting 13: Johnston, Paulo, Roberts, Gagai, Allan, Walker, Reynolds, Tatola, Cook, Burgess, Su’A, Lowe, Murray – Interchanges: Nicholls, Sele, Sironen, Mago – Reserves: Johns, Dillon
Unavailable: Tom Amone (Injured), Braidon Burns (Injured), Liam Knight (Injured), Latrell Mitchell (Suspended), Campbell Graham (Injured)
- South Sydney Rabbitohs did what was required to make it back-to-back victories in the NRL as they overcame the challenge of Wests Tigers last week but they are likely to face a sterner examination this week.
- The Rabbitohs were able to build an 18-0 lead thanks to some poor defensive efforts on the Tigers’ left edge and that allowed Dane Gagai to cross for a hat-trick but Wests crossed twice in the final 20 minutes as they threatened to mount a comeback.
- Souths were powerful through the middle as they ran for almost 300 metres more than the Tigers and that will be a key area again this week, although they will be without the suspended Latrell Mitchell and injured Campbell Graham with Corey Allan and debutant Jaxson Paulo their replacements.
Starting 13: Ponga, Tuala, Moga, Best, Hunt, Mann, Pearce, Klemmer, McCullough, J. Saifiti, Fitzgibbon, Guerra, Ese’ese – Interchanges: Watson, Barnett, Saulo, Mata’utia – Reserves: King, Crossland
Unavailable: Jayden Brailey (Injured), Tim Glasby (Injured), Edrick Lee (Injured), Daniel Saifiti (Injured)
- Newcastle Knights showed some defensive steel as they restricted Parramatta Eels to just 10 points but it was not enough as the Knights failed to fire with the ball in a closely-fought contest last week.
- Newcastle have now managed just 18 points in their last two matches and they will need to be better here against South Sydney Rabbitohs, although their ability to get up the field is not in question after amassing 1,955 metres last week.
- They are now averaging 1,876m a game which is the third-highest in the NRL and while the loss of Daniel Saifiti to injury will harm them up front, the Knights are boosted by the return of injured trio Mitch Barnett, Connor Watson and Sione Mata’utia.
South Sydney Rabbitohs collected another valuable win last week as they defeated Wests Tigers but they will face a stiff test in their quest to make it five wins from six matches. They face a Newcastle Knights outfit who have not been firing on all cylinders with the ball in their last couple of games and they will be eager to put that right here. Souths have had to shuffle their backline and the loss of Latrell Mitchell to suspension could be pivotal and in a game where points should be difficult to come by, the Knights can edge this one to make it back-to-back victories against the Rabbits.