2020 NRL – Parramatta Eels vs St. George Illawarra Dragons Preview & Prediction
When is Parramatta Eels vs St. George Illawarra Dragons taking place? Friday 14th August, 2020 – 10:55 (UK)
Where is Parramatta Eels vs St. George Illawarra Dragons taking place? Bankwest Stadium, Sydney
What is the expected weather for Parramatta Eels vs St. George Illawarra Dragons? 15c, rain
What channel is Parramatta Eels vs St. George Illawarra Dragons on? Sky Sports Arena will be televising selected NRL games in the UK and you can find their schedule here. For Australian broadcasters, you can find a list here
Where can I stream Parramatta Eels vs St. George Illawarra Dragons? If televised on Sky Sports, then subscribers will be able to stream the match live via Sky Go. Alternatively, the match will be available to subscribers of Watch NRL
Where can I get tickets for Parramatta Eels vs St. George Illawarra Dragons? Click here for ticket information on 2020 NRL matches
THE TEAM NEWS
Starting 13: Gutherson, Sivo, M. Jennings, Blake, Ferguson, D. Brown, Moses, Campbell-Gillard, Mahoney, Paulo, Lane, Matterson, N. Brown – Interchanges: Stone, Niukore, Evans, Kaufusi – Reserves: Davey, Dunster, Utoikamanu, Takairangi
Unavailable: Peni Terepo (Injured)
- ● Parramatta had to work hard for their win but did just enough to overcome Cronulla Sharks in terrible conditions last week and that success made it three wins in a row as they kept themselves within touching distance of Penrith Panthers at the top of the ladder.
- The Eels made 15 errors in the monsoon-like weather as heavy rain fell throughout the contest but that did not prevent them from earning the 12-14 victory and they will be confident of extending their winning streak here.
- ● Ryan Matterson will be reintroduced to the side after the Eels played it safe following his head knock against Wests Tigers in Round 11 with his return seeing Marata Niukore drop to the bench whilst Andrew Davey drops out of the 17.
ST. GEORGE ILLAWARRA DRAGONS
Starting 13: Dufty, Pereira, Aitken, Lomax, Ravalawa, Norman, Clune, Lawrie, Hunt, Kerr, Frizell, Fuimaono, McInnes – Interchanges: Sailor, Ellis, K. Sims, Host – Reserves: Wiliame, Blacker, Saab, Sullivan
Unavailable: Jack de Belin (Disciplinary), Paul Vaughan (Quarantined), Tariq Sims (Injured), Jackson Ford (Suspended)
- ● St. George Illawarra Dragons were second best against Sydney Roosters last week which was their third successive loss and following a review of the team’s performance, the club and head coach Paul McGregor have agreed to part ways at the conclusion of this contest.
- ● The Dragons completed at 90% but played too conservatively for the majority of the contest and they will need to show more with the ball if they are to end their losing run in this difficult game against Parramatta Eels.
- ● Corey Norman is reinstated to the side after he was dropped last week so Ben Hunt shifts to hooker with Cameron McInnes switching to lock whilst Jacob Host and Korbin Sims are included with Jackson Ford suspended and Tariq Sims injured.
St. George Illawarra Dragons will be on the hunt for a new head coach following this game as Paul McGregor takes charge of his final game before departing the club. He will face a tough task to go out on a high as his side travel to Bankwest Stadium to face Parramatta Eels. The Dragons have lost their last three and could be set for more woe with the Eels winning their last three. The Eels have also won nine of their last 10 games against the Dragons and they should improve that run here with Parramatta able to win by at least 12 points.