When is Parramatta Eels vs Canberra Raiders taking place? Saturday 27th June, 2020 – 10:35 (UK)
Where is Parramatta Eels vs Canberra Raiders taking place? Bankwest Stadium, Sydney
What is the expected weather for Parramatta Eels vs Canberra Raiders? 11c, partly cloudy
What channel is Parramatta Eels vs Canberra Raiders on? Sky Sports Arena will be televising selected NRL games in the UK and you can find their schedule here. For Australian broadcasters, you can find a list here
Where can I stream Parramatta Eels vs Canberra Raiders? If televised on Sky Sports, then subscribers will be able to stream the match live via Sky Go. Alternatively, the match will be available to subscribers of Watch NRL
Where can I get tickets for Parramatta Eels vs Canberra Raiders? Click here for ticket information on 2020 NRL matches
THE TEAM NEWS
Starting 13: Gutherson, Sivo, M. Jennings, Blake, Ferguson, D. Brown, Moses, Campbell-Gillard, Mahoney, Paulo, Lane, Matterson, Niukore – Interchanges: Stone, Kaufusi, Takairangi, Alvaro – Reserves: Gower, G. Jennings
Unavailable: Kane Evans (Injured), Peni Terepo (Injured), Nathan Brown (Suspended)
- Parramatta Eels were shown the level they will need to play at if they are to win a Premiership after they were defeated by Sydney Roosters in a pulsating contest last weekend.
- The Eels were right in the game with an hour gone as they fought back from 8-0 down to lead 8-10 but the Roosters went up a gear in the final quarter with Parramatta unable to live with them as they were not helped by a completion rate of just 74% compared to the Roosters’ 90%.
- That came off the back of making 11 errors to the Roosters’ four which ultimately killed the Eels’ chances but they will take plenty from their efforts last week and will hope to get back to winning ways, although they will be without the suspended Nathan Brown and injured Peni Terepo.
Starting 13: Nicoll-Klokstad, Rapana, Croker, Scott, Cotric, Wighton, G. Williams, Papalii, Hodgson, Soliola, Whitehead, Young, Horsburgh – Interchanges: Havili, Guler, Sutton, Simonsson – Reserves: Lui, Starling
Unavailable: John Bateman (Injured), Sebastian Kris (Illness), Joe Tapine (Injured)
- Canberra Raiders produced another worrying effort with the ball as they were unable to topple a Manly Sea Eagles side that were hit with several injuries to key players during their contest last week.
- Having managed just 14 points in their narrow win over Wests Tigers in their previous contest, the Raiders’ lacklustre efforts with ball in hand were evident again as they could only muster six points against the injury-hit side as they blew the chance to claim the two competition points.
- The Raiders have to show improvements on both sides of the ball if they are to match their opponents in this match but they will be without Joe Tapine who has withdrawn with a minor knee issue to Hudson Young moves to the run-on side while Bailey Simonsson is promoted to the bench.
Canberra Raiders find themselves in a predicament after struggling with the ball once again last week. They have averaged just 12.7 points per game across their last three matches and that total will have to improve in this clash with Parramatta Eels or they are likely to face a third loss in four games. The Eels fell away in the final 20 minutes against reigning premiers Sydney Roosters last week but showed enough to be content with their efforts in that clash. Despite losing at Bankwest Stadium for just the third time in 15 matches – even though they were listed as the away team last week – the Eels will relish a return to what is their home ground and can respond with the two points here.