2020 NRL – North Queensland Cowboys vs Sydney Roosters Preview & Prediction
When is North Queensland Cowboys vs Sydney Roosters taking place? Thursday 9th July, 2020 – 10:50 (UK)
Where is North Queensland Cowboys vs Sydney Roosters taking place? Queensland Country Bank Stadium, Townsville
What is the expected weather for North Queensland Cowboys vs Sydney Roosters? 22c, partly cloudy
What channel is North Queensland Cowboys vs Sydney Roosters on? Sky Sports Arena will be televising selected NRL games in the UK and you can find their schedule here. For Australian broadcasters, you can find a list here
Where can I stream North Queensland Cowboys vs Sydney Roosters? If televised on Sky Sports, then subscribers will be able to stream the match live via Sky Go. Alternatively, the match will be available to subscribers of Watch NRL
Where can I get tickets for North Queensland Cowboys vs Sydney Roosters? Click here for ticket information on 2020 NRL matches
THE TEAM NEWS
NORTH QUEENSLAND COWBOYS
Starting 13: Tabuai-Fidow, Feldt, Lemuelu, Marsters, Holmes, Drinkwater, Clifford, McGuire, Robson, Molo, Wright, Hess, Taumalolo – Interchanges: Hampton, Gilbert, Hola, Cooper – Reserves: Jensen, Granville
Unavailable: Michael Morgan (Injured), John Asiata (Injured), Mitchell Dunn (Injured), Jordan McLean (Injured), Justin O’Neill (Injured)
- North Queensland Cowboys were unable to back-up their win over Newcastle Knights as they were on the end of a heavy defeat against Parramatta Eels last week with that loss placing further pressure on head coach Paul Green.
- The Cowboys were beaten 42-4 in the one-sided game as they managed to see just 40% of the ball which equated to more than 11 minutes less with the ball than the Eels as their opponents rolled up the field.
- Justin O’Neill picked up a knock in last week’s defeat so he makes way for Hamiso Tabuai-Fidow, although the rookie will start at fullback with Valentine Holmes shifting to the wing while Tom Opacic and Reuben Cotter also drop out with Connelly Lemuelu and Tom Gilbert coming into the 17.
Starting 13: Tedesco, Hall, J. Morris, Manu, B. Morris, Keary, Flanagan, Waerea-Hargreaves, Friend, Taukeiaho, Crichton, Aubusson, Butcher – Interchanges: Lam, Tupouinua, Faamausili, Collins – Reserves: Fifita, Ikavalu
Unavailable: Billy Smith (Injured), Victor Radley (Injured), Sam Verrills (Injured), Isaac Liu (Injured), Daniel Tupou (Injured), Boyd Cordner (Injured)
- Sydney Roosters played out one of the most dramatic NRL matches of all time with Melbourne Storm but they were on the end of a narrow defeat in golden point with the Roosters paying the price for a high error count.
- They were very sloppy with the ball as they made an uncharacteristic 18 errors which resulted in a completion rate of just 64% which must be improved on this week, although they have suffered some further injury woe.
- Daniel Tupou and Boyd Cordner both left the field late on last week and have been ruled out here with Ryan Hall coming onto the wing while Mitchell Aubusson is promoted to the run-on side in the second row and Lachlan Lam earns a spot on the bench.
Sydney Roosters’ brilliant restart to the season came to an end as they lost for the first time in six matches in a highly-entertaining contest with rivals Melbourne Storm last week. The reigning premiers will be desperate to bounce back but have an increasing injury list to contend with as they head to Townsville to face North Queensland Cowboys. The hosts have been inconsistent so far this season and have highlighted that in particular in their last three matches but they look set to struggle again here with the Roosters like to be able to win by at least 12 points.