2020 NRL – North Queensland Cowboys vs South Sydney Rabbitohs Preview & Prediction
When is North Queensland Cowboys vs South Sydney Rabbitohs taking place? Saturday 15th August, 2020 – 08:30 (UK)
Where is North Queensland Cowboys vs South Sydney Rabbitohs taking place? Queensland Country Bank Stadium, Townsville
What is the expected weather for North Queensland Cowboys vs South Sydney Rabbitohs? 24c, sunny
What channel is North Queensland Cowboys vs South Sydney Rabbitohs on? Sky Sports Arena will be televising selected NRL games in the UK and you can find their schedule here. For Australian broadcasters, you can find a list here
Where can I stream North Queensland Cowboys vs South Sydney Rabbitohs? If televised on Sky Sports, then subscribers will be able to stream the match live via Sky Go. Alternatively, the match will be available to subscribers of Watch NRL
Where can I get tickets for North Queensland Cowboys vs South Sydney Rabbitohs? Click here for ticket information on 2020 NRL matches
THE TEAM NEWS
NORTH QUEENSLAND COWBOYS
Starting 13: Drinkwater, Feldt, Opacic, Lemuelu, Tabuai-Fidow, Hampton, Morgan, McGuire, Robson, McLean, Dunn, Hess, Taumalolo – Interchanges: Granville, Asiata, Pere, Molo – Reserves: Wright, Clifford
Unavailable: Valentine Holmes (Injured), Peter Hola (Injured), Daejarn Asi (Injured), Murray Taulagi (Injured)
- ● North Queensland Cowboys’ poor run of form continued as they were comfortably beaten by Gold Coast Titans last week with that defeat meaning they have lost their last six matches.
- The Cowboys were blown away in the first half as they trailed 20-0 at the break and despite an improved effort in the second period, it was nowhere near enough as their 67% completion rate gave them little chance in the 30-10 loss.
- ● Scott Drinkwater is back in what could be an important inclusion for the Cowboys and he will slot into the fullback role with Hamiso Tabuai-Fidow shifting to the wing at the expense of Justin O’Neill whilst John Asiasta is another big addition to the bench following injury.
SOUTH SYDNEY RABBITOHS
Starting 13: Mitchell, Johnston, Graham, Gagai, Paulo, Walker, Reynolds, Tatola, Cook, Burgess, Su’A, Knight, Murray – Interchanges: Sironen, Nicholls, Mago, Koloamatangi – Reserves: Johns, Allan
Unavailable: Tom Amone (Injured), Braidon Burns (Injured), James Roberts (Injured), Ethan Lowe (Injured), Hame Sele (Injured)
- ● South Sydney Rabbitohs did what was required to make it back-to-back wins as they proved too good for Brisbane Broncos but they will need to improve on that performance after they failed to really kick-on last week.
- ● The Rabbitohs saw 57% of the ball thanks to an 89% completion rate but despite those numbers, they only managed to post 28 points from their 46 sets and that may have left them slightly disappointed with their efforts with the ball.
- ● Jason Demetriou will again take charge in the enforced absence of head coach Wayne Bennett and he will be boosted by the availability of Jaydn Su’A as he returns from a ban with Jack Johns the one to make way in the only change to last week’s side.
North Queensland Cowboys come into this game with just two teams below them on the NRL ladder and they will be desperate to end their six-match losing streak as they take on South Sydney Rabbitohs. The Cowboys’ injury list is starting to ease and they will hope the inclusion of Scott Drinkwater at fullback can be an important one as they look to fix their faltering attack with them scoring no more than 12 points in their last four matches. The Rabbitohs will need to improve on last week’s effort as they struggled to build a big score despite a mountain of possession against Brisbane Broncos but they still did enough for the win. The Cowboys have struggled defensively this season with just one team conceding more but they can post points themselves in this game and that should result in a game with at least 42 in this one.