2020 NRL – Gold Coast Titans vs North Queensland Cowboys Preview & Prediction
When is Gold Coast Titans vs North Queensland Cowboys taking place? Sunday 9th August, 2020 – 05:00 (UK)
Where is Gold Coast Titans vs North Queensland Cowboys taking place? Cbus Super Stadium, Gold Coast
What is the expected weather for Gold Coast Titans vs North Queensland Cowboys? 19c, sunny
What channel is Gold Coast Titans vs North Queensland Cowboys on? Sky Sports Arena will be televising selected NRL games in the UK and you can find their schedule here. For Australian broadcasters, you can find a list here
Where can I stream Gold Coast Titans vs North Queensland Cowboys? If televised on Sky Sports, then subscribers will be able to stream the match live via Sky Go. Alternatively, the match will be available to subscribers of Watch NRL
Where can I get tickets for Gold Coast Titans vs North Queensland Cowboys? Click here for ticket information on 2020 NRL matches
THE TEAM NEWS
GOLD COAST TITANS
Starting 13: Brimson, Don, Kelly, Copley, Sami, Taylor, Fogarty, Fotuaika, Peats, Jolliffe, Proctor, Hipgrave, Arrow – Interchanges: Boyd, Wallace, Peachey, Lisone – Reserves: Thompson, Fermor, Whitbread, Peats
Unavailable: Ryan James (Injured), Jonus Pearson (Injured), Young Tonumaipea (Injured), Mitch Rein (Injured)
- Gold Coast Titans produced a valiant performance against reigning premiers Sydney Roosters last week but their challenge fell short having spent 20 minutes with a man down following a yellow card in either half.
- The 18-12 loss could have been different had it not been for those indiscretions but the Titans will take plenty from their efforts in that contest and will hope to go one better as they face North Queensland Cowboys in this Queensland derby.
- The Titans were able to welcome AJ Brimson back into the side at fullback last week and Sam Lisone further reduces their injury list as he makes his comeback on the bench at the expense of Sam Stone.
NORTH QUEENSLAND COWBOYS
Starting 13: Tabuai-Fidow, Feldt, Opacic, Lemuelu, O’Neill, Hampton, Morgan, McGuire, Robson, McLean, Dunn, Hess, Taumalolo – Interchanges: Granville, Gilbert, Pere, Molo – Reserves: Wright, Marsters
Unavailable: Valentine Holmes (Injured), Scott Drinkwater (Injured), Peter Hola (Injured), Daejarn Asi (Injured), John Asiata (Injured), Murray Taulagi (Injured)
- North Queensland Cowboys produced another underwhelming display as they were beaten for the fifth game in succession and any faint hope they had of making a challenge for the top eight are surely over after their loss to Canberra Raiders.
- In a game littered with errors, neither side really dominated proceedings but the Raiders were able to come out on top by just two points with the Cowboys going down 12-14, although they conceded their fewest amount of points in nine matches.
- There are big changes to the North Queensland side for this week but one notable inclusion is Michael Morgan who makes his long-awaited return from a shoulder problem while Josh McGuire is also back after serving a suspension.
Gold Coast Titans have shown some good signs in their last two matches but they will hope to turn those efforts into a victory as they host North Queensland Cowboys. Both teams have struggled so far this season with just three wins apiece from their 12 matches and the Cowboys come into this with just one win in their last nine. They hold a very strong record against the Titans having won their last 10 meetings but the Titans have threatened with their last two performances and can end that terrible run by clinching the two points in this one.