When is Gold Coast Titans vs Canberra Raiders taking place? Saturday 22nd August, 2020 – 06:00 (UK)
Where is Gold Coast Titans vs Canberra Raiders taking place? Cbus Super Stadium, Gold Coast
What is the expected weather for Gold Coast Titans vs Canberra Raiders? 20c, sunny
What channel is Gold Coast Titans vs Canberra Raiders on? Sky Sports Arena will be televising selected NRL games in the UK and you can find their schedule here. For Australian broadcasters, you can find a list here
Where can I stream Gold Coast Titans vs Canberra Raiders? If televised on Sky Sports, then subscribers will be able to stream the match live via Sky Go. Alternatively, the match will be available to subscribers of Watch NRL
Where can I get tickets for Gold Coast Titans vs Canberra Raiders? Click here for ticket information on 2020 NRL matches
THE TEAM NEWS
GOLD COAST TITANS
Starting 13: Brimson, Sami, Kelly, Tonumaipea, Thompson, Taylor, Fogarty, Wallace, Peats, Jolliffe, Hipgrave, Stone, Fotuaika – Interchanges: Peachey, Lisone, Fermor, Whitbread – Reserves: Boyd, Clark
Unavailable: Ryan James (Injured), Jonus Pearson (Injured), Mitch Rein (Injured), Dale Copley (Injured), Jai Arrow (Injured), Kevin Proctor (Suspended), Anthony Don (Injured)
- Gold Coast Titans were valiant in defeat against Cronulla Sharks last week but their chances of coming away with the win were all but ended as they were reduced to 12 men following Kevin Proctor’s red card for biting.
- With the scores locked at 12-apiece at the break, the Titans were right in the contest but the loss of Proctor saw the Sharks run in three quick tries which saw them condemn Gold Coast to a 30-18 defeat.
- Proctor will now be sidelined due to the suspension from the incident last week while they have also lost Jai Arrow and Dale Copley to injury so Phillip Sami, Jai Whitbread and Sam Stone all come into the side.
Starting 13: Nicoll-Klokstad, Rapana, Croker, Scott, Cotric, Wighton, G. Williams, Papalii, Havili, Lui, Bateman, Whitehead, Young – Interchanges: Starling, Tapine, Sutton, Harawira-Naera – Reserves: Smith-Shields, Frawley
Unavailable: Sebastian Kris (Illness), Corey Horsburgh (Injured), Sia Soliola (Injured), Emre Guler (Injured), Josh Hodgson (Injured), Bailey Simonsson (Injured), Semi Valemei (Injured), Michael Oldfield (Injured)
- Canberra Raiders bounced back from their loss to Penrith Panthers but they were made to work hard against Brisbane Broncos last week as the Raiders were able to overturn a half-time deficit to claim their fourth win in five matches.
- The Raiders were shoddy in the opening half and trailed 6-8 at the break but a much better showing in the second half saw them score 30 unanswered points to keep their opponents scoreless and run out 36-8 winners.
- Head coach Ricky Stuart has the luxury of naming an unchanged side this week, although he has named Hudson Young to start at lock with Ryan Sutton reverting to the interchanges as the Raiders seek another win to keep the pressure on the top four.
Gold Coast Titans have shown a marked improvement this season but they will want to add a few more wins before the campaign is over and they must build on performances like last week’s if they are to do so. They were going toe-to-toe with Cronulla Sharks last week but they fell away when captain Kevin Proctor was sent from the field for a bite. They will return to home soil hoping to respond to that but face an in-form Canberra Raiders outfit that have won four of their last five matches. They should be too good once again here but the Titans can at least keep things close and a +12.5 start on the handicap looks generous.