When is Canberra Raiders vs Gold Coast Titans taking place? Friday 13th March, 2020 – 07:00 (UK)
Where is Canberra Raiders vs Gold Coast Titans taking place? GIO Stadium, Canberra
What is the expected weather for Canberra Raiders vs Gold Coast Titans? 23c in partly cloudy skies
What channel is Canberra Raiders vs Gold Coast Titans on? Sky Sports Arena will be televising selected NRL games in the UK and you can find their schedule here. For Australian broadcasters, you can find a list here
Where can I stream Canberra Raiders vs Gold Coast Titans? If televised on Sky Sports, then subscribers will be able to stream the match live via Sky Go. Alternatively, the match will be available to subscribers of Watch NRL
Where can I get tickets for Canberra Raiders vs Gold Coast Titans? Click here for ticket information on 2020 NRL matches
THE TEAM NEWS
Starting 13: Nicoll-Klokstad, Simonsson, Croker, Scott, Cotric, Wighton, G. Williams, Papalii, Hodgson, Lui, Horsburgh, Whitehead, Tapine – Interchanges: Havili, Guler, Soliola, Oldfield – Reserves: Murchie, S. Williams
Unavailable: Ryan Sutton (Suspended), Hudson Young (Suspended), John Bateman (Injured), Sebastian Kris (Illness)
- Canberra ended a superb season as runners-up as they were narrowly defeated by Sydney Roosters in last year’s NRL Grand Final and they will be eager to show that was not a one-off as they get their 2020 campaign underway.
- The Raiders have lost a handful of players who played a big role in last year’s success with the likes of Aidan Sezer, Joey Leilua and Jordan Rapana leaving the club and they are also missing key man John Bateman for the start of the season due to a shoulder injury.
- Canberra have added another Englishman to their ranks in the form of George Williams and there will be a lot of pressure on his shoulders as he bids to transition from five-eighth to halfback in his effort to crack the NRL.
GOLD COAST TITANS
Starting 13: Sami, Don, Watkins, Peachey, Copley, Roberts, Taylor, Wallace, Rein, Lisone, Proctor, Cartwright, Arrow – Interchanges: Peats, Whitbread, Kelly, Jolliffe – Reserves: Stone, Pearson
Unavailable: Ryan James (Injured), Shannon Boyd (Injured), Beau Fermor (Injured), Keegan Hipgrave (Injured), Moeaki Fotuaika (Injured), AJ Brimson (Injured
- Gold Coast ended with the wooden spoon last season after a miserable year culminated in them winning just four matches and they will be desperate to improve under a new head coach.
- Justin Holbrook has arrived from English side St. Helens after a successful stint with the Super League outfit and he will look to implement his style on a side that will be lacking confidence after last year.
- The Titans have made some low-key additions for 2020 but Sam Lisone is arguably their most eye-catching signing and should add some size to the front row, although the Titans must deal with the loss of captain Ryan James for the season after he suffered another serious knee injury.
Canberra will hope to go one better this time around after they came agonisingly close to claiming the NRL Premiership last season. They lost out in a thrilling contest with Sydney Roosters but look capable of making another challenge this season. George Williams will need to start strongly as he fills the gap left by Aidan Sezer and although they will be confident of winning this opening game against Gold Coast, the Titans can be competitive in this clash under new head coach Justin Holbrook and they should be able to come out on top with the benefit of a +12.5 start.