2020 NRL – Brisbane Broncos vs South Sydney Rabbitohs Preview & Prediction
When is Brisbane Broncos vs South Sydney Rabbitohs taking place? Friday 20th March, 2020 – 09:05
Where is Brisbane Broncos vs South Sydney Rabbitohs taking place? Suncorp Stadium, Brisbane
What is the expected weather for Brisbane Broncos vs South Sydney Rabbitohs? 23c in clear skies
What channel is Brisbane Broncos vs South Sydney Rabbitohs on? Sky Sports Arena will be televising selected NRL games in the UK and you can find their schedule here. For Australian broadcasters, you can find a list here
Where can I stream Brisbane Broncos vs South Sydney Rabbitohs? If televised on Sky Sports, then subscribers will be able to stream the match live via Sky Go. Alternatively, the match will be available to subscribers of Watch NRL
Where can I get tickets for Brisbane Broncos vs South Sydney Rabbitohs? Click here for ticket information on 2020 NRL matches
THE TEAM NEWS
Starting 13: Isaako, Oates, Staggs, Boyd, Arthars, Milford, Croft, Flegler, Turpin, Haas, Fifita, Hopoate, Carrigan – Interchanges: Farnworth, McCullough, Kennedy, Bullemor – Reserves: Dearden, Petterson-Robati
Unavailable: Jack Bird (Injured), Alex Glenn (Injured), Jordan Kahu (Injured), Sean O’Sullivan (Injured), Keenan Palasia (Injured), Matt Lodge (Injured), Tevita Pangai Jnr. (Suspended)
- Brisbane produced a solid display in round 1 as they proved too good for North Queensland to get their season off to a good start but they will hope that it was not a flash in the pan and will be eager to back it up against South Sydney.
- The Broncos are down to the bare bones in the pack after Tevita Pangai Jnr. was given a four-week ban for a high shot against the Cowboys so Ethan Bullemor will make his debut from the bench.
- Alex Glenn is at least another week away so the average age of the Brisbane pack will once again be extremely young come kick-off and the Broncos could be scrambling for another youngster if Corey Oates is unable to overcome an illness to take his place on the wing.
SOUTH SYDNEY RABBITOHS
Starting 13: Mitchell, Gagai, Roberts, Burns, Graham, Walker, Reynolds, Tatola, Cook, Burgess, Su’A, Murray, Knight – Interchanges: Nicholls, Lowe, Sele, Johnston – Reserves: Sironen, Dargan
Unavailable: Patrick Mago (Injured)
- South Sydney almost blew a 14-point lead against Cronulla but managed to hold on to earn the two points in their season opener last week and they will be looking to make it two from two as they head to Brisbane to face the Broncos.
- The Rabbitohs have opted to name the same 17 as last week with head coach Wayne Bennett seeing no reason to change a winning side with Braidon Burns able to line-up in the centres after he avoided a ban for a dangerous throw against the Sharks.
- Patrick Mago is the only remaining player on the injury list for the Rabbitohs after Kurt Dillon returned in the Canterbury Cup last week and they look in good shape at this very early part of the season.
This recently formed grudge-match is one of the most eye-catching fixtures of round 2 as Brisbane host South Sydney. Both teams came out on top last week and will be hoping to maintain their winning start here but will need to be at their best to come away with the win. The pair allowed late points against them last week and will be keen to fix that up but the youthful Brisbane pack should have too much energy for Souths and the home side should be able to edge the victory in this one.