2019 Super League – Wakefield Trinity vs Wigan Warriors Preview & Prediction
When is Wakefield Trinity vs Wigan Warriors taking place? Sunday 1st September, 15:00
Where is Wakefield Trinity vs Wigan Warriors taking place? Mobile Rocket Stadium
What channel is Wakefield Trinity vs Wigan Warriors on in the UK? Wakefield Trinity vs Wigan Warriors will not be televised live in the UK
Where can I stream the match in the UK? N/A
Where can I get tickets for Wakefield Trinity vs Wigan Warriors?
Wakefield Trinity – https://trinity.mysportstickets.co.uk/
Wigan Warriors – https://www.eticketing.co.uk/wiganwarriors/Events/Index
THE TEAM NEWS
Head Coach: Chris Chester
Squad: Annakin, Arundel, Batchelor, Brough, Crowther, England, Escaré, Green, Hampshire, Jones-Bishop, Kirmond, Kopczak, Lyne, Miller, Randell, Tangata, Tanginoa, Tupou, Wood
Unavailable: Tom Johnstone, Tinirau Arona, Matty Ashurst, George King, David Fifita
- Wakefield secured what could be their most important win of the season as they ended a five-match losing streak by beating Hull KR and halt their alarming slide down the table that had put them in real relegation danger.
- Trinity were boosted by the likes of Morgan Escaré and Chris Green with on-loan pair making a big difference last time out and they will be vital in helping Wakefield in their bid to remain a Super League team with work still to be done to officially retain their spot.
- Head coach Chris Chester has named an unchanged 19-man squad this week and could well go with the same team that faced Hull KR after such a confident and dominant performance in which they ran in seven tries.
Head Coach: Adrian Lam
Squad: Bourouh, Burgess, Byrne, Clubb, Farrell, French, Gildart, Greenwood, Hankinson, Hardaker, Isa, Leuluai, Marshall, Navarrete, Partington, Powell, Sarginson, Smithies, Williams
Unavailable: Gabe Hamlin, Dom Manfredi, Tom Davies, Joe Bullock, Ben Flower, Jarrod Sammut
- Wigan earned a fourth consecutive win as they defeated play-off rivals Warrington and now look the favourites to finish second with the teams around them continuing to falter which would complete a remarkable turnaround from the early stages of the season.
- The Warriors have relied on their rising stars in the pack so far this season with Morgan Smithies set to lead the way for Wigan once again and another one could come into contention here with Amir Bourouh named in the 19-man squad.
- He replaces the injured Jarrod Sammut whilst Joe Burgess is available again after failing a late fitness test against Warrington with head coach Adrian Lam confirming that he will come straight back into the side.
Wakefield's relegation issues were almost put to bed as they put in a brilliant display to see off Hull KR in their crunch clash. They now host a Wigan side that hammered them in July and will want to rectify that but the Warriors are in great form and can pick up another win. That would further enhance their chances of finishing second but they must be wary of complacency against a Wakefield side that put in one of their better performances of the season last time out.