When is Wests Tigers vs North Queensland Cowboys taking place? Thursday 1st August, 10:50
Where is Wests Tigers vs North Queensland Cowboys taking place? Leichhardt Oval
What channel is Wests Tigers vs North Queensland Cowboys on?
UK – This match will not be televised live in the UK
Australia – Fox Sports
Where can I stream Wests Tigers vs North Queensland Cowboys?
UK – N/A
Australia – https://www.telstra.com.au/tv-movies-music/sports-offer
Where can I get tickets for Wests Tigers vs North Queensland Cowboys?
Wests Tigers – https://tickets.nrl.com/team/500023
North Queensland Cowboys – https://tickets.nrl.com/team/500012
THE TEAM NEWS
Head Coach: Michael Maguire
Starting 13: Thompson, Momirovski, Mbye, Marsters, Nofoaluma, Marshall, Brooks, Aloiai, Farah, Clark, Garner, Chee-Kam, Matterson – Interchanges: Eisenhuth, Mikaele, Twal, Lawrence – Reserves: Liddle, Talau, McQueen, Reynolds
Unavailable: Mahe Fonua, Elijah Taylor
- Wests Tigers claimed a vital win in their quest for a play-off spot as they narrowly defeated Newcastle to go one point from the top 8 and meaning a win here would see them move into a finals spot.
- The Tigers looked likely to be without Michael Chee-Kam after he was hospitalised following a heavy clash with Kalyn Ponga last weekend but he has been named in the initial side and will play if he passes the concussion protocols.
- Michael Maguire has named an unchanged 17 from last week’s win and it would be a surprise to see any late changes other than Chee-Kam potentially dropping out as the Tigers look for some consistency with their team make-up.
NORTH QUEENSLAND COWBOYS
Head Coach: Paul Green
Starting 13: Drinkwater, Feldt, Hess, Opacic, Taulagi, Morgan, Clifford, McGuire, Granville, McLean, Cooper, Wright, Taumalolo – Interchanges: Asiata, Scott, Bolton, Molo – Reserves: Jensen, Gilbert, Gela-Mosby, Cotter
Unavailable: Nene Macdonald, Te Maire Martin, Ben Hampton, Justin O’Neill, Mitchell Dunn, Kurt Baptiste, Jordan Kahu,
- North Queensland again blew a lead as they threw away a 10-point lead to fall to defeat against Cronulla which was their fifth loss in six as their play-off aspirations begin to fade due to their poor run of form.
- The Cowboys will have Michael Morgan available after he was cleared to return but Kyle Feldt is a doubt with a head knock although has been named in the initial side at the start of the week.
- John Asiata moves to the bench to make way for Morgan and that means Corey Jensen drops out of the side whilst Coen Hess has been named at centre once again after he impressed in the unfamiliar role last week.
Both Wests Tigers and North Queensland can still make the play-offs but with just six games remaining, neither can afford many more slip-ups. Wests ended a three-match losing streak last week but must back that up here and against a struggling Cowboys side, they can edge an important win. Michael Morgan’s return should boost North Queensland but there will be a lot of pressure on his shoulders to guide his side back to winning ways in the tricky trip to Leichhardt.