When is Wests Tigers vs Newcastle Knights taking place? Saturday 24th August, 08:30
Where is Wests Tigers vs Newcastle Knights taking place? Campbelltown Stadium
What channel is Wests Tigers vs Newcastle Knights on?
UK – Sky Sports Action
Australia – Fox Sports
Where can I stream Wests Tigers vs Newcastle Knights?
UK – Sky Sports subscribers can stream the match via Sky Go
Australia – https://www.telstra.com.au/tv-movies-music/sports-offer
Where can I get tickets for Wests Tigers vs Newcastle Knights?
Wests Tigers – https://tickets.nrl.com/team/500023
Newcastle Knights – https://tickets.nrl.com/team/500003
THE TEAM NEWS
Head Coach: Michael Maguire
Starting 13: Thompson, Jennings, Momirovski, Marsters, Nofoaluma, Marshall, Brooks, Mikaele, Reynolds, Clark, Garner, Lawrence, Matterson – Interchanges: Eisenhuth, Taylor, Twal, Chee-Kam – Reserves: Talau, McQueen
Unavailable: Mahe Fonua, Ben Matulino, Josh Aloiai, Robbie Farah, Moses Mbye
- Wests Tigers suffered a second consecutive loss as their task to make the top 8 becomes harder by the week following the loss to Manly and now lock horns with another team who are entrenched in the play-off race.
- The Tigers have an issue at hooker after Jacob Liddle suffered a serious knee injury whilst deputising for the stricken Robbie Farah which means halfback Josh Reynolds comes in from the cold to act as an emergency option.
- Luke Garner returns in the back row following his ban whilst Robert Jennings has earned a recall on the wing which sees Paul Momirovski move to centre and Tommy Talau drop out of the side.
Head Coach: Nathan Brown
Starting 13: Ponga, Hunt, Mata’utia, Best, Kenny-Dowall, Lino, Pearce, Klemmer, Levi, D. Saifiti, Fitzgibbon, Barnett, King – Interchanges: Ese’ese, J. Saifiti, Guerra, Glasby – Reserves: Buhrer, Randall
Unavailable: Slade Griffin, Edrick Lee, Jesse Ramien, James Gavet, Connor Watson, Tautau Moga
- Newcastle finally ended their losing streak at six games as they put in a good performance to rack up 42 points against North Queensland and must now attempt to back that up as they travel to Campbelltown to face Wests Tigers.
- Connor Watson will be missing for the Knights after he suffered an MCL injury to his knee in the win over North Queensland and his place will be taken by Danny Levi who will be keen to take his chance following his omission from the side last week.
- 18-year-old Bradman Best should make his NRL debut after Tautau Moga suffered a hamstring injury with the rookie likely to be given a shot ahead of Kurt Mann whilst Tim Glasby returns to the bench after missing out with a head knock last week.
Whichever team loses this game is likely to be out of the play-off race which highlights the magnitude of the contest. Wests were comfortably defeated by Manly last week whilst the Knights turned their poor form around to hammer the Cowboys and they can kick-on to claim another vital win. It will be interesting to see how the Knights perform in the wake of the news that head coach Nathan Brown will leave the club at the end of the season but a big effort is expected here.