2019 NRL – Wests Tigers vs Cronulla-Sutherland Sharks Preview & Prediction
When is Wests Tigers vs Cronulla-Sutherland Sharks taking place? Sunday 8th September, 05:00
Where is Wests Tigers vs Cronulla-Sutherland Sharks taking place? Leichhardt Oval
What channel is Wests Tigers vs Cronulla-Sutherland Sharks on?
UK – Sky Sports Mix
Australia – Fox Sports
Where can I stream Wests Tigers vs Cronulla-Sutherland Sharks?
UK – Sky Sports subscribers can stream the match via Sky Go
Australia – https://www.telstra.com.au/tv-movies-music/sports-offer
Where can I get tickets for Wests Tigers vs Cronulla-Sutherland Sharks?
Wests Tigers – https://tickets.nrl.com/team/500023
Cronulla-Sutherland Sharks – https://tickets.nrl.com/team/500028
THE TEAM NEWS
Head Coach: Michael Maguire
Starting 13: Thompson, Jennings, Momirovski, Marsters, Nofoaluma, Marshall, Brooks, Mikaele, Reynolds, Clark, Garner, Lawrence, Matterson – Interchanges: Eisenhuth, Taylor, Twal, Chee-Kam – Reserves: Talau, Farah
Unavailable: Mahe Fonua, Ben Matulino, Josh Aloiai, Moses Mbye
- Wests Tigers have given themselves a great chance of making the top 8 after they scored 40+ points for the second game in a row and now host Cronulla in a do-or-die contest that will determine who makes the play-offs.
- All eyes will be on whether Robbie Farah can make a final appearance for the Tigers at Leichhardt as he tries to overcome a fractured tibia and he will be given right up until kick-off to prove his fitness.
- Moses Mbye was due to return here but has been ruled out as he continues his recovery from a hip injury which means the same 17 will take to the field as last week unless Farah is a late inclusion from the reserves.
Head Coach: John Morris
Starting 13: Dugan, Feki, Xerri, Morris, Mulitalo, Johnson, Townsend, Woods, J. Brailey, Prior, Nikora, Graham, Gallen – Interchanges: Capewell, Williams, Fifita, Hamlin-Uele – Reserves: Magoulias, Flanagan
Unavailable: Matt Moylan
- Cronulla wasted a great chance to position themselves for a spot in the finals as they blew a 12-0 half-time lead against Canberra and must now avoid defeat against Wests if they are to make the play-offs.
- The Sharks will be sweating on the fitness of key pair Josh Dugan and Shaun Johnson but both look set to feature after they were retained in the side 24 hours before kick-off but Matt Moylan has been ruled out.
- Jack Williams and Sosaia Feki are both fit enough to return after missing out with minor injuries last week and come straight back into the side for Sione Katoa and Jason Bukuya who did not do enough to retain their spots.
Wests Tigers host Cronulla at Leichhardt Oval in a huge game that will decide the final play-off spot. It will be the end of the road for the loser whilst the winner will extend their season by at least another week but there is one final intriguing possibility following Brisbane’s loss against Canterbury. A rare draw would see both teams make the finals at the Broncos’ expense but that seems unlikely and it is Wests who can make home advantage count to come out on top to make the play-offs.