2019 NRL – St. George-Illawarra Dragons vs Parramatta Eels Preview & Prediction
When is St. George-Illawarra Dragons vs Parramatta Eels taking place? Sunday 4th August, 07:05
Where is St. George-Illawarra Dragons vs Parramatta Eels taking place? Netstrata Jubilee Stadium
What channel is St. George-Illawarra Dragons vs Parramatta Eels on?
UK – Sky Sports Arena
Australia – Fox Sports
Where can I stream St. George-Illawarra Dragons vs Parramatta Eels?
UK – Sky Sports subscribers can stream the match via Sky Go
Australia – https://www.telstra.com.au/tv-movies-music/sports-offer
Where can I get tickets for St. George-Illawarra Dragons vs Parramatta Eels?
St. George-Illawarra Dragons – https://tickets.nrl.com/team/500022
Parramatta Eels – https://tickets.nrl.com/team/500031
THE TEAM NEWS
ST. GEORGE-ILLAWARRA DRAGONS
Head Coach: Paul McGregor
Starting 13: Norman, Saab, Aitken, Lafai, Lomax, Widdop, Hunt, Lawrie, McInnes, Vaughan, Frizell, T. Sims, Graham – Interchanges: Latimore, K. Sims, Kaufusi, Leilua – Reserves: Sailor, Ravalawa
Unavailable: Jack de Belin, Lachlan Maranta
- St. George's poor run of form continued as they were beaten by South Sydney but the Dragons put in a much better display and could earn a rare win if they produced a similar level of performance here.
- Jeremy Latimore announced that he will retire at the season's end during the week and will be back on the field for the Dragons here after recovering from injury as he takes his place on the bench.
- Patrick Kaufusi also comes onto the bench for the Dragons with Matt Dufty and Josh Kerr making way with those two changes the only ones made by Paul McGregor after he opted to retain his starting XIII.
Head Coach: Brad Arthur
Starting 13: Gutherson, Sivo, M. Jennings, Blake, Takairangi, D. Brown, Moses, Evans, Mahoney, Paulo, Lane, Ma’u, N. Brown – Interchanges: Niukore, Alvaro, Gower, Moeroa – Reserves: Terepo, Salmon
Unavailable: George Jennings, Ray Stone, Blake Ferguson
- Parramatta claimed a hugely important win that boosted their play-off hopes as they defeated New Zealand Warriors in a controversial game and will be full of confidence as they face St. George.
- Blake Ferguson's return is likely to be delayed by a couple of weeks after he suffered a bad reaction to antibiotics for a knee infection but Michael Jennings is back following a knee injury and will line-up at centre in place of Brad Takairangi who is named on the wing.
- Shaun Lane also returns from injury in the back-row with Marata Niukore dropping to the bench whilst Oregon Kaufusi is the unfortunate man to make way from the 17 as the Eels look to make it five wins from their last six.
St. George have too much to do to make the play-offs and will spend the next six games attempting to fix their issues ahead of next season. They have lost four in a row but could spring a surprise against Parramatta who need to win to keep the pressure off as they look to earn a spot in the top 8. The Eels have not always looked comfortable on the road this season and with the Dragons looking a lot better last week with their first-choice spine available again, St. George can edge this one.