2019 NRL – South Sydney Rabbitohs vs Melbourne Storm Preview & Prediction
When is South Sydney Rabbitohs vs Melbourne Storm taking place? Sunday 11th August, 07:05
Where is South Sydney Rabbitohs vs Melbourne Storm taking place? Central Coast Stadium
What channel is South Sydney Rabbitohs vs Melbourne Storm on?
UK – Sky Sports Action
Australia – Fox Sports
Where can I stream South Sydney Rabbitohs vs Melbourne Storm?
UK – Sky Sports subscribers can stream the match via Sky Go
Australia – https://www.telstra.com.au/tv-movies-music/sports-offer
Where can I get tickets for South Sydney Rabbitohs vs Melbourne Storm?
South Sydney Rabbitohs – https://tickets.nrl.com/team/500005
Melbourne Storm – https://tickets.nrl.com/team/500021
THE TEAM NEWS
SOUTH SYDNEY RABBITOHS
Head Coach: Wayne Bennett
Starting 13: Doueihi, Gagai, Roberts, Turner, Graham, Walker, Reynolds, Tatola, Cook, T. Burgess, Sutton, Britt, Murray – Interchanges: Knight, Nicholls, Lowe, Allan – Reserves: Su’A, Tracey
Unavailable: Kurt Dillon, Alex Johnston, George Burgess, Sam Burgess, Braidon Burns
- South Sydney fell to their first defeat in four games as they went down to Cronulla last week to dent their top 4 chances and now face a massive task against top of the ladder Melbourne.
- The Rabbitohs will be without the influential Sam Burgess despite successfully fighting a charge of a high tackle at the judiciary as he drops out of the side named 24 hours before kick-off with a quad injury.
- He is joined on the sidelines by Braidon Burns after he went down with a hamstring injury and that sees Kyle Turner slot in at centre, Dean Britt comes into the back row and Corey Allan is promoted to the bench.
Head Coach: Craig Bellamy
Starting 13: Hynes, Vunivalu, Chambers, Olam, Addo-Carr, Munster, Croft, J. Bromwich, C. Smith, Asofa-Solomona, F. Kaufusi, K. Bromwich, Finucane – Interchanges: Kamikamica, Stimon, Faasuamleaui, Walters – Reserves: King, Earl
Unavailable: Curtis Scott, Christian Welch, Jarome Hughes, Brandon Smith, Ryan Papenhuyzen
- Melbourne got back to winning ways as they put their loss to Manly behind them by hammering Brisbane at Suncorp last week and will be keen to see off one of the chasing pack to move a step closer to the minor premiership.
- The Storm were already set to be without Curtis Scott who will be missing for at least another week after he suffered a setback in his attempt to overcome a foot injury and Christian Welch who was ruled out for the season with a knee injury last week.
- They have now suffered some further strife before this game with Jarome Hughes, Brandon Smith and Ryan Papenhuyzen all ruled out which sees Nicho Hynes come in for his NRL debut at fullback whilst Tino Faasuamleaui and Billy Walters are promoted to the bench.
South Sydney suffered a loss to Cronulla last week and a second successive defeat here could put their top 4 spot in jeopardy. They host a Melbourne side that were in imperious form last week and they are fancied to back that up with another win to consolidate first place. Both teams have suffered late injury blows with Melbourne in particular having to make some significant changes to their line-up but as ever with a Craig Bellamy side, the rookies that come in will be up to the task.