When is Parramatta Eels vs Newcastle Knights taking place? Saturday 10th August, 08:30
Where is Parramatta Eels vs Newcastle Knights taking place? Bankwest Stadium
What channel is Parramatta Eels vs Newcastle Knights on?
UK – This match will not be televised live in the UK
Australia – Fox Sports
Where can I stream Parramatta Eels vs Newcastle Knights?
UK – N/A
Australia – https://www.telstra.com.au/tv-movies-music/sports-offer
Where can I get tickets for Parramatta Eels vs Newcastle Knights?
Parramatta Eels – https://tickets.nrl.com/team/500031
Newcastle Knights – https://tickets.nrl.com/team/500003
THE TEAM NEWS
Head Coach: Brad Arthur
Starting 13: Gutherson, Sivo, M. Jennings, Blake, Takairangi, D. Brown, Moses, Evans, Mahoney, Paulo, Lane, Ma’u, N. Brown – Interchanges: Niukore, Alvaro, Gower, Moeroa – Reserves: Leleisiuao, Terepo, Salmon, Utoikamanu
Unavailable: George Jennings, Ray Stone, Blake Ferguson
- Parramatta made it five wins from their last six matches as they consolidated their place in the top 8 by beating St. George last week and can open up a big gap over the chasing pack if they can claim another win over one of those teams that are chasing them.
- The Eels will be hoping Nathan Brown is fit enough to take to the field this week after the Parramatta lock suffered an ankle knock in last week’s game but he is listed to start and appears to have overcome that injury.
- If Brown is fit enough to play, it will mean an unchanged 17 for the Eels as head coach Brad Arthur opts to stick with the same side who won impressively last week with Brad Takairangi set to feature on the wing again.
Head Coach: Nathan Brown
Starting 13: Ponga, Mann, Hunt, Moga, Kenny-Dowall, Lino, Pearce, Klemmer, Watson, D. Saifiti, Fitzgibbon, Barnett, Glasby – Interchanges: J. Saifiti, Gavet, Mata’utia Guerra – Reserves: Buhrer, Fermor, Momoisea, Levi
Unavailable: Slade Griffin, Edrick Lee, Jesse Ramien, James Gavet
- Newcastle's awful run of form continued as they lost their fifth game in a row with the Knights showing very little against Manly and now face an in-form Parramatta team in a game that could go a long way to deciding their fate this season.
- Kurt Mann suffered a knee injury whilst playing on the wing during last week's game and had looked set to miss out here for the Knights but he is named in the 17 and should feature barring any late setback.
- James Gavet has been ruled out with a hamstring injury but has yet to be replaced on the bench and there is a chance that Danny Levi could be a late inclusion at hooker after he was named amongst the reserves.
Newcastle's season continued to unravel as they suffered a fifth-straight defeat and now face an in-form Parramatta. The Eels have turned things around and have found some consistency at just the right time and they should be able to keep their winning run going by beating the Knights here. Newcastle look like missing out on the top 8 unless they can turn their poor form around quickly but Parramatta have proven difficult to beat at home and should do so again.