2019 NRL – North Queensland Cowboys vs Brisbane Broncos Preview & Prediction
When is North Queensland Cowboys vs Brisbane Broncos taking place? Thursday 8th August, 10:50
Where is North Queensland Cowboys vs Brisbane Broncos taking place? 1300SMILES Stadium
What channel is North Queensland Cowboys vs Brisbane Broncos on?
UK – Sky Sports Arena
Australia – Fox Sports
Where can I stream North Queensland Cowboys vs Brisbane Broncos?
UK – Sky Sports subscribers can stream the match via Sky Go
Australia – https://www.telstra.com.au/tv-movies-music/sports-offer
Where can I get tickets for North Queensland Cowboys vs Brisbane Broncos?
North Queensland Cowboys – https://tickets.nrl.com/team/500012
Brisbane Broncos – https://tickets.nrl.com/team/500011
THE TEAM NEWS
NORTH QUEENSLAND COWBOYS
Head Coach: Paul Green
Starting 13: Drinkwater, Feldt, Hess, Opacic, Gela-Mosby, Morgan, Clifford, McGuire, Granville, McLean, Cooper, Wright, Taumalolo – Interchanges: Asiata, Scott, Bolton, Molo – Reserves: Hola, Cotter, Jensen, Taulagi
Unavailable: Nene Macdonald, Te Maire Martin, Ben Hampton, Justin O’Neill, Mitchell Dunn, Kurt Baptiste, Jordan Kahu
- North Queensland suffered a sixth loss in seven games as their play-off hopes took a further hit as they were defeated by Wests Tigers with this game highly likely to be a win or bust scenario for the Cowboys.
- The Cowboys seemed to come through the game with Wests unscathed but are unlikely to get any of their injured players back with the likes of Jordan Kahu and Te Maire Martin still struggling.
- Head coach Paul Green has opted to make just one change to last week’s team and that sees young winger Murray Taulagi drop to the reserves with his place is taken by Gideon Gela-Mosby.
Head Coach: Anthony Seibold
Starting 13: Milford, Isaako, Glenn, Staggs, Oates, Boyd, Turpin, Lodge, McCullough, Haas, Fifita, Pangai Jnr., Ofahengaue – Interchanges: Segeyaro, Flegler, Kennedy, Carrigan – Reserves: Shibasaki, Farnworth, Coates, Fensom
Unavailable: Jack Bird, Richie Kennar, Sean O’Sullivan, Matt Gillett, Tom Dearden
- Brisbane's four-match unbeaten run came to a shuddering halt as they were hammered by Melbourne which saw them drop out of the top 8 and they must respond here to avoid falling further behind the play-off spots.
- Tom Dearden had been pencilled in to make his Brisbane return in this game but the young halfback suffered an ankle injury in the QLD Cup and will not feature in this game as a result with Jake Turpin and Darius Boyd continuing in the halves.
- Alex Glenn has been named at centre but is not expected to featuring having picked up a knock with Gehamat Shibasaki expected to come into the side whilst Tevita Pangai Jnr. is back following his suspension and will start in the back row.
Brisbane will have to bounce back from a hammering against Melbourne if they are to remain in play-off contention. They head to Townsville to face the Cowboys who are stuck in a rut and look like missing out on the top 8 and whilst they are not out of the hunt yet, a loss here could seal their fate. They have been poor for several weeks now and despite almost snatching a couple of wins more than they have along the way, it has not happened for them. Either side are capable of winning this but the Broncos have more to gain and that could galvanise them to victory.