When is Newcastle Knights vs Wests Tigers taking place? Friday 26th July, 09:00
Where is Newcastle Knights vs Wests Tigers taking place? McDonald Jones Stadium
What channel is Newcastle Knights vs Wests Tigers on?
UK – This match will not be televised live in the UK
Australia – Fox Sports
Where can I stream Newcastle Knights vs Wests Tigers?
UK – N/A
Australia – https://www.telstra.com.au/tv-movies-music/sports-offer
Where can I get tickets for Newcastle Knights vs Wests Tigers?
Newcastle Knights – https://tickets.nrl.com/team/500003
Wests Tigers – https://tickets.nrl.com/team/500023
THE TEAM NEWS
Head Coach: Nathan Brown
Starting 13: Ponga, Hunt, Moga, Ramien, Kenny-Dowall, Mann, Pearce, Klemmer, Levi, D. Saifiti, Barnett, Mata’utia, Glasby – Interchanges: Watson, Gavet, Ese’ese, Buhrer – Reserves: J. Saifiti, King, Lino, Guerra
Unavailable: Slade Griffin, Edrick Lee, Lachlan Fitzgibbon
- Newcastle suffered a big loss at the hands of Sydney Roosters as they struggled to perform for a third consecutive match and although at one stage they looked like contenders for the top 4, they now face a battle to remain in the top 8.
- Despite a very poor showing last week the Knights have opted not to change their 17 although that could change with Connor Watson pushing for promotion from the bench, and there could also be some movement from the reserves.
- Aiden Guerra is one of those listed and could come back into the side following his gruesome ankle break earlier in the season with the back-rower building his fitness in reserve grade recently.
Head Coach: Michael Maguire
Starting 13: Thompson, Momirovski, Mbye, Marsters, Nofoaluma, Marshall, Brooks, Aloiai, Farah, Clark, Garner, Chee-Kam, Matterson – Interchanges: Liddle, Mikaele, Twal, Lawrence – Reserves: Eisenhuth, Talau, McQueen, Reynolds
Unavailable: Mahe Fonua, Elijah Taylor
- Wests Tigers put in a solid second half display but could not do enough to overcome Canberra as they lost for a third game in a row which saw the Tigers slide further down the ladder.
- Corey Thompson was a late withdrawal due to an ankle injury last week but should be fit enough to return for the Tigers here and has been named to line-up at fullback which will see Moses Mbye revert to the centres.
- Michael Maguire has made other changes too with Matt Eisenhuth likely to miss out due to a head knock last week whilst Luke Garner and Oliver Clark have earned starts which sees Chris Lawrence and Alex Twal dropping to the bench.
Newcastle were looking at a spot in the top 4 just a matter of weeks ago but now face an uphill task just to make the play-offs altogether after three consecutive defeats. They now host Wests Tigers who need a win themselves to get into top 8 contention but it is the home side that can edge this. They have not covered themselves in glory in recent games but the Knights know they can perform much better and will need to if they are to retain their spot in the play-offs ahead of the chasing pack.