When is Newcastle Knights vs Gold Coast Titans taking place? Saturday 31st August, 06:00
Where is Newcastle Knights vs Gold Coast Titans taking place? McDonald Jones Stadium
What channel is Newcastle Knights vs Gold Coast Titans on?
UK – This match will not be televised live in the UK
Australia – Fox Sports
Where can I stream Newcastle Knights vs Gold Coast Titans?
UK – N/A
Australia – https://www.telstra.com.au/tv-movies-music/sports-offer
Where can I get tickets for Newcastle Knights vs Gold Coast Titans?
Newcastle Knights – https://tickets.nrl.com/team/500003
Gold Coast Titans – https://tickets.nrl.com/team/500004
THE TEAM NEWS
Interim Coach: Kristian Woolf
Starting 13: Ponga, Best, Mata’utia, Hunt, Kenny-Dowall, Lino, Pearce, Klemmer, Watson, D. Saifiti, Fitzgibbon, Barnett, Glasby – Interchanges: J. Saifiti, Ese’ese, King, Guerra – Reserves: Mann, Randall
Unavailable: Slade Griffin, Edrick Lee, Jesse Ramien, James Gavet, Tautau Moga, Danny Levi
- Newcastle's season looks to be coming to a calamitous end after they were hammered by Wests Tigers last week to all-but end their season and will head into their final two games with an interim coach after Nathan Brown was allowed to leave ahead of schedule.
- Brown had been told he would be released at the end of the season but felt it was best to offer to go immediately after last week’s terrible effort which has seen plenty written in the media about the attitude of his former set of players. Tautau Moga and Connor Watson could return for the Knights but another week of off-field drama could be of greater significance.
- Connor Watson returns for the Knights and comes straight back in for Danny Levi who has collected another injury whilst Tautau Moga has been unable to shake off his injury which means Bradman Best retains his spot after debuting last week in Kristian Woolf’s first game in charge.
GOLD COAST TITANS
Interim Coaches: Craig Hodges/Luke Burt
Starting 13: Gordon, Arthars, Watkins, Kelly, Sami, Peachey, Jacks, Wallace, Peats, Fotuaika, Proctor, Stone, Arrow – Interchanges: Brimson, Whitbread, Cartwright, Matthews – Reserves: Stockwell, Boyd
Unavailable: Ryan James, Keegan Hipgrave, Shannon Boyd, Tyrone Roberts, Ash Taylor, Mitch Rein
- Gold Coast took advantage of a poor first half showing by Melbourne to lead at the break but they could not hold on in the second half as they were handed their ninth consecutive defeat.
- Jesse Arthars is a doubt for the Titans after failing his HIA last weekend but he looks to have overcome the necessary protocols and should feature on the wing but Mitch Rein is out after copping a one-game ban.
- That sees Nathan Peats revert back to hooker with Jai Arrow moving back to lock, Jarrod Wallace promoted to the run-on side and Will Matthews is the new face on the bench but there is still no place for the out of favour Anthony Don.
Newcastle suffered a terrible defeat against Wests Tigers last week with their effort questioned in some quarters. That has resulted in Nathan Brown leaving two games ahead of schedule and he is replaced for those games by Tonga head coach Kristian Woolf. The Knights face a Gold Coast side on a nine-game losing streak which should point to a comfortable home win but with the Knights in turmoil, the visitors can compete although it still might not be enough to end their losing streak.