2019 NRL – New Zealand Warriors vs South Sydney Rabbitohs Preview & Prediction
When is New Zealand Warriors vs South Sydney Rabbitohs taking place? Friday 30th August, 09:00
Where is New Zealand Warriors vs South Sydney Rabbitohs taking place? Mt Smart Stadium
What channel is New Zealand Warriors vs South Sydney Rabbitohs on?
UK – This match will not be televised live in the UK
Australia – Fox Sports
Where can I stream New Zealand Warriors vs South Sydney Rabbitohs?
UK – N/A
Australia – https://www.telstra.com.au/tv-movies-music/sports-offer
Where can I get tickets for New Zealand Warriors vs South Sydney Rabbitohs?
New Zealand Warriors – https://tickets.nrl.com/team/500032
South Sydney Rabbitohs – https://tickets.nrl.com/team/500005
THE TEAM NEWS
NEW ZEALAND WARRIORS
Head Coach: Stephen Kearney
Starting 13: Tuivasa-Sheck, Fusitu’a, Hiku, Herbert, Maumalo, Nikorima, Green, Paasi, Luke, Ah Mau, Blair, Papali’i, Tevaga – Interchanges: Burr, Lisone, Sao, Harris-Tavita – Reserves: Afoa, Ayshford, Keighran, Pompey
Unavailable: Tohu Harris, Nathaniel Roache, Karl Lawton, Gerard Beale
- New Zealand Warriors are all-but out of the play-off race after a second heavy defeat in a row, this time losing to Cronulla in what looks like being a disappointing end to the season for Stephen Kearney’s men.
- The Warriors were expected to have hooker Karl Lawton back in the mix this week but he has failed to prove his fitness so Issac Luke will retain the sole hooking duties but they have made other changes to the side following another poor display.
- Kodi Nikorima has earned a recall to the run-on side after starting the last two from the bench with Chanel Harris-Tavita dropping to the interchanges whilst Blake Asyhford has been relegated to the reserves with Ligi Sao coming into the 17.
SOUTH SYDNEY RABBITOHS
Head Coach: Wayne Bennett
Starting 13: Doueihi, Johnston, Graham, Gagai, Allan, Walker, Reynolds, S. Burgess, Cook, Knight, Sutton, Su’A, Murray – Interchanges: Tatola, Turner, Lowe, Nicholls – Reserves: Amone, Britt, Sironen, Hiroti
Unavailable: Kurt Dillon, George Burgess, Braidon Burns, Tom Burgess, James Roberts
- An under-strength South Sydney did just enough to hold off Brisbane in a gruelling contest last week to end their three-match losing streak with the Bunnies showing some good resolve after they were twice reduced to 12-men.
- James Roberts has copped a two-game ban for the Rabbitohs but in a big boost, they have Kyle Turner, Sam Burgess and Alex Johnston back for this one with the latter’s return a very welcome one following a long spell on the sidelines.
- Johnston is named on the wing with Campbell Graham and Dane Gagai lining up in the centres whilst Corey Allan is on the wing in a new-look backline whilst Burgess returns to the starting XIII and will line-up in the front row with Turner set to come off the bench.
New Zealand Warriors look set to miss out on the play-offs this year after failing to perform when it mattered. They have conceded 42 points in each of their last two matches and now host South Sydney who are chasing the top 4. They were gutsy in last week's win over Brisbane and can win again here, especially considering they are boosted by the likes of Sam Burgess and Alex Johnston returning to the side.