2019 NRL – Gold Coast Titans vs St. George-Illawarra Dragons Preview & Prediction
When is Gold Coast Titans vs St. George-Illawarra Dragons taking place? Saturday 7th September, 10:35
Where is Gold Coast Titans vs St. George-Illawarra Dragons taking place? Cbus Super Stadium
What channel is Gold Coast Titans vs St. George-Illawarra Dragons on?
UK – This match will not be televised live in the UK
Australia – Fox Sports
Where can I stream Gold Coast Titans vs St. George-Illawarra Dragons?
UK – N/A
Australia – https://www.telstra.com.au/tv-movies-music/sports-offer
Where can I get tickets for Gold Coast Titans vs St. George-Illawarra Dragons?
Gold Coast Titans – https://tickets.nrl.com/team/500004
St. George-Illawarra Dragons – https://tickets.nrl.com/team/500022
THE TEAM NEWS
GOLD COAST TITANS
Interim Coaches: Craig Hodges/Luke Burt
Starting 13: Gordon, Arthars, Peachey, Kelly, Sami, Brimson, T. Boyd, Wallace, Rein, Arrow, Proctor, Stone, Peats – Interchanges: Jacks, Whitbread, Cartwright, Stockwell – Reserves: Matthews, Watkins, Taylor, Don
Unavailable: Ryan James, Keegan Hipgrave, Shannon Boyd, Tyrone Roberts, Moeaki Fotuaika
- Gold Coast's miserable season will end with the wooden spoon after a 10th straight defeat with Newcastle the latest side to beat them in what was another extremely disappointing performance.
- Mitch Rein will return from a ban for the Titans but they have stuck with plenty of the same side from last week although there is no place for Kallum Watkins who has been dropped following a string of poor performances.
- Tyrone Peachey takes his spot in the centres with Tanah Boyd coming in at halfback to make his first start in the NRL after debuting from the bench last week whilst Moeaki Fotuaika drops out through injury with Rein coming into the 17 in his place but he will play at hooker with Nathan Peats shifting to lock and Jai Arrow to prop.
ST. GEORGE-ILLAWARRA DRAGONS
Head Coach: Paul McGregor
Starting 13: Norman, Sailor, Aitken, Lafai, Pearson, Widdop, Hunt, Graham, Robson, Vaughan, Frizell, Ford, Lawrie – Interchanges: Latimore, K. Sims, Leilua, Kerr – Reserves: Kaufusi, Lomax, Dufty, Host
Unavailable: Jack de Belin, Lachlan Maranta, Cameron McInnes
- St. George lost a third straight game which made it eight losses from nine as Wests Tigers ensured the Dragons would end the season in 15th and doubts now linger over head coach Paul McGregor’s with the sack looming.
- Cameron McInnes suffered a broken leg last week so the Dragons will need to field a new hooker with Reece Robson getting the nod whilst Zac Lomax is also a doubt and is only listed as a reserve.
- Jeremy Latimore will start on the bench in his final game before retirement whilst Corey Norman is back in the side at fullback after missing out last week with a groin injury which sees Tristan Sailor shifting to the wing.
These two teams will finish in the last two places on the ladder following desperately disappointing seasons. The Titans were expected to languish near the bottom whilst the Dragons have massively underachieved and this game could be another high-scoring affair between the two teams as the pair look to end the season with a win. The Dragons have the better side on paper and should be able to get over the line but they do not inspire confidence and it would come as no surprise if they threw in another underwhelming performance.