2019 NRL – Cronulla-Sutherland Sharks vs North Queensland Cowboys Preview & Prediction
When is Cronulla-Sutherland Sharks vs North Queensland Cowboys taking place? Thursday 25th July, 10:50
Where is Cronulla-Sutherland Sharks vs North Queensland Cowboys taking place? PointsBet Stadium
What channel is Cronulla-Sutherland Sharks vs North Queensland Cowboys on?
UK – This match will not be televised live in the UK
Australia – Fox Sports
Where can I stream Cronulla-Sutherland Sharks vs North Queensland Cowboys?
UK – N/A
Australia – https://www.telstra.com.au/tv-movies-music/sports-offer
Where can I get tickets for Cronulla-Sutherland Sharks vs North Queensland Cowboys?
Cronulla-Sutherland Sharks – https://tickets.nrl.com/team/500028
North Queensland Cowboys – https://tickets.nrl.com/team/500012
THE TEAM NEWS
Head Coach: John Morris
Starting 13: Dugan, Feki, Xerri, Morris, Mulitalo, Johnson, Townsend, Hamlin-Uele, J. Brailey, Woods, Nikora, Capewell, Gallen – Interchanges: B. Brailey, Williams, Prior, Magoulias – Reserves: Bukuya, Flanagan, Sorensen, Katoa
Unavailable: Wade Graham, Matt Moylan, Andrew Fifita
- Cronulla's losing streak was extended to five matches as they were narrowly beaten by New Zealand Warriors in a tight contest as they blew a second half lead which saw them slide down the ladder.
- Matt Moylan has been ruled out but Josh Dugan returns at fullback whilst Josh Morris is also back in the centres with Kurt Capewell shifting to the back row and Billy Magoulias comes onto the bench.
- Andrew Fifita is suspended which means a start for Braden Hamlin-Uele in the only other change for the Sharks but that could change depending on how Sosaia Feki pulls up before kick-off after suffering a knock to his back last week.
NORTH QUEENSLAND COWBOYS
Head Coach: Paul Green
Starting 13: Drinkwater, Feldt, Bowen, Opacic, Taulagi, Asiata, Clifford, McGuire, Granville, McLean, Cooper, Wright, Taumalolo – Interchanges: Hess, Scott, Bolton, Molo – Reserves: Hola, Cotter, Jensen, Gela-Mosby
Unavailable: Nene Macdonald, Te Maire Martin, Ben Hampton, Justin O’Neill, Mitchell Dunn, Kurt Baptiste, Jordan Kahu, Michael Morgan
- North Queensland's play-off hopes suffered a blow as they allowed South Sydney to score three late tries which was enough to see them lose with this contest against Cronulla becoming a must-win game for the Cowboys.
- The Cowboys were hoping to have Michael Morgan back for this game but he has not been named in their 21-man squad and will continue to be monitored whilst he overcomes two head knocks in quick succession.
- North Queensland head coach Paul Green has named the same side as last week as he looks to try and achieve some consistency from his side although Gideon Gela-Mosby could be a late inclusion after he was included in the reserves.
Cronulla's alarming slide down the ladder continued as they threw away the two points with a late defeat to the Warriors. The Sharks were heading for the win but somehow managed to allow the Warriors back into the game. They now face the Cowboys in a must-win game that could go either way but the home side will need to find a way to win sooner rather than later if they are to make the play-offs. With North Queensland also needing the win, this could be a very tight game but the away side can edge it.