2019 NRL – Cronulla-Sutherland Sharks vs New Zealand Warriors Preview & Prediction
When is Cronulla-Sutherland Sharks vs New Zealand Warriors taking place? Saturday 24th August, 06:00
Where is Cronulla-Sutherland Sharks vs New Zealand Warriors taking place? PointsBet Stadium
What channel is Cronulla-Sutherland Sharks vs New Zealand Warriors on?
UK – This match will not be televised live in the UK
Australia – Fox Sports
Where can I stream Cronulla-Sutherland Sharks vs New Zealand Warriors?
UK – N/A
Australia – https://www.telstra.com.au/tv-movies-music/sports-offer
Where can I get tickets for Cronulla-Sutherland Sharks vs New Zealand Warriors?
Cronulla-Sutherland Sharks – https://tickets.nrl.com/team/500028
New Zealand Warriors – https://tickets.nrl.com/team/500032
THE TEAM NEWS
Head Coach: John Morris
Starting 13: Dugan, Feki, Xerri, Morris, Mulitalo, Johnson, Townsend, Woods, J. Brailey, Prior, Nikora, Graham, Gallen – Interchanges: Capewell. Williams, Fifita, Hamlin-Uele – Reserves: Magoulias, B. Brailey
Unavailable: Matt Moylan
- Cronulla ended Round 22 in the eighth and final play-off spot but they must back-up their win over St. George to retain their position with the Sharks unable to afford any further slip-ups at this stage of the season.
- Matt Moylan suffered yet another hamstring injury last week and he is set for a further spell on the sidelines for the Sharks and that has caused more disruption to the Cronulla backline for this week’s game.
- Josh Dugan has reverted to fullback with Josh Morris shifting inside to centre and Ronaldo Mulitalo will come onto the wing whilst Andrew Fifita is back on the bench after overcoming a minor knee injury.
NEW ZEALAND WARRIORS
Head Coach: Stephen Kearney
Starting 13: Tuivasa-Sheck, Fusitu’a, Hiku, Herbert, Maumalo, Harris-Tavita, Green, Paasi, Luke, Ah Mau, Blair, Papali’i, Tevaga – Interchanges: Burr, Lisone, Afoa, Nikorima – Reserves: Keighran, Ayshford
Unavailable: Tohu Harris, Nathaniel Roache, Karl Lawton, Gerard Beale
- New Zealand Warriors' play-off hopes were dealt a huge blow as they were on the end of a drubbing against Sydney Roosters and if they do not beat Cronulla in this one then their season will be all-but over.
- The Warriors will be without Gerard Beale until the early part of next season after he suffered a dislocation of the kneecap last week but David Fusitu’a makes a timely return to the side from a hamstring injury.
- He will take Adam Pompey’s place on the wing whilst Patrick Herbert comes into the centres for Beale whilst Isaac Luke is back after a suspension which sees Jazz Tevaga revert to lock with Lachlan Burr moving to the bench and Ligi Sao drops out of the 17.
If the New Zealand Warriors are to have any chance of making the play-offs this season, they have little alternative but to beat Cronulla in this one. They were outclassed by the Roosters last week whilst the Sharks defeated the Dragons but another loss for the Warriors would all-but end their year. The Sharks have shown up well in patches this year and whilst they do not appear to have the consistency to challenge for the premiership, they should be able to move another step closer to the finals with a win here.