2019 NRL – Cronulla-Sutherland Sharks vs Canberra Raiders Preview & Prediction
When is Cronulla-Sutherland Sharks vs Canberra Raiders taking place? Sunday 1st September, 05:00
Where is Cronulla-Sutherland Sharks vs Canberra Raiders taking place? PointsBet Stadium
What channel is Cronulla-Sutherland Sharks vs Canberra Raiders on?
UK – Sky Sports Action
Australia – Fox Sports
Where can I stream Cronulla-Sutherland Sharks vs Canberra Raiders?
UK – Sky Sports subscribers can stream the match via Sky Go
Australia – https://www.telstra.com.au/tv-movies-music/sports-offer
Where can I get tickets for Cronulla-Sutherland Sharks vs Canberra Raiders?
Cronulla-Sutherland Sharks – https://tickets.nrl.com/team/500028
Canberra Raiders – https://tickets.nrl.com/team/500013
THE TEAM NEWS
Head Coach: John Morris
Starting 13: Dugan, Katoa, Xerri, Morris, Mulitalo, Johnson, Townsend, Woods, J. Brailey, Prior, Nikora, Graham, Gallen – Interchanges: Capewell, Hamlin-Uele, Fifita, Bukuya – Reserves: Magoulias, Flanagan
Unavailable: Matt Moylan, Sosaia Feki, Jack Williams
- Cronulla took a big step towards qualifying for the finals as they claimed a second straight win when beating New Zealand Warriors last week but now face a potentially season-defining game as they host Canberra.
- The Sharks are without Sosaia Feki and Jack Williams after the pair suffered groin and ankle injuries respectively last week whilst Matt Moylan has failed to prove his fitness in time to take his place as his hamstring injury sidelines him for another week.
- Sione Katoa comes onto the wing for Feki whilst Williams is replaced by Jayson Bukuya with both players featuring having been out of favour recently and will be desperate to impress as they bid to retain their places moving forward.
Head Coach: Ricky Stuart
Starting 13: Nicoll-Klokstad, Simonsson, Croker, Cotric, Rapana, Wighton, Sezer, Papalii, Hodgson, Soliola, J. Bateman, Whitehead, Sutton – Interchanges: Havili, Lui, Horsburgh, Young – Reserves: Williams, Guler
Unavailable: Luke Bateman, Joe Tapine, Joey Leilua
- Canberra will have to win their final two games to seal a top 4 spot after they went down in a tight game to rivals Manly last week but a win here over Cronulla would see them take a big step towards achieving their goal.
- The Raiders looked set to have the option of naming an unchanged team this week but Joey Leilua picked up a late suspension following last Sunday’s game and will be absent for THE Raiders’ next two matches.
- Bailey Simonsson comes back into the run-on side after a stint on the bench and will line-up on the wing with Nick Cotric shifting inside to cover Leilua in the centres whilst Siliva Havili comes onto the bench.
Both Cronulla and Canberra need a win this week but for different reasons. The Sharks are looking to secure their place in the top 8 whilst the Raiders will want to ensure they finish in the top 4. With plenty on the line, this could be a tight affair that could go either way but the Raiders can edge it. They look to have a higher ceiling than the Sharks and with finals football just around the corner, the need to play with a greater intensity every week can see Canberra claim an important win.