When is Canberra Raiders vs Sydney Roosters taking place? Sunday 11th August, 05:00
Where is Canberra Raiders vs Sydney Roosters taking place? GIO Stadium
What channel is Canberra Raiders vs Sydney Roosters on?
UK – Sky Sports Action
Australia – Fox Sports
Where can I stream Canberra Raiders vs Sydney Roosters?
UK – Sky Sports subscribers can stream the match via Sky Go
Australia – https://www.telstra.com.au/tv-movies-music/sports-offer
Where can I get tickets for Canberra Raiders vs Sydney Roosters?
Canberra Raiders – https://tickets.nrl.com/team/500013
Sydney Roosters – https://tickets.nrl.com/team/500001
THE TEAM NEWS
Head Coach: Ricky Stuart
Starting 13: Nicoll-Klokstad, Simonsson, Croker, Cotric, Rapana, Wighton, Sezer, Papalii, Hodgson, Soliola, J. Bateman, Whitehead, Tapine – Interchanges: Havili, Lui, Horsburgh, Sutton – Reserves: Leilua, Guler
Unavailable: Luke Bateman
- Canberra made it seven wins from eight matches as they hammered New Zealand Warriors last week thanks to a first-half blitz and now face a real test of their premiership credentials as they host Sydney Roosters.
- The Raiders are boosted by the return of Ryan Sutton and long-term absentee Joey Leilua is also named amongst the reserves which could indicate that he will be a late inclusion in the side whilst Nick Cotric is back from his ban.
- Michael Oldfield is the man to make way in the centres for Cotric and Emre Guler is the odd one out on the bench as he sits out for Sutton with the Raiders nearing a full-strength side at just the right time.
Head Coach: Trent Robinson
Starting 13: Tedesco, Tupou, Mitchell, Manu, Morris, Keary, Cronk, Waerea-Hargreaves, Verrills, Liu, Crichton, Aubusson, Radley – Interchanges: Butcher, Tetevano, Faamausili, Tupouniua Reserves: Ikuvalu, Lam
Unavailable: Jake Friend, Siosiua Taukeiaho, Boyd Cordner
- Sydney Roosters demolished Gold Coast as they proved far too good for the Titans, racking up 58 points for a record win at SCG for their third win in a row but this trip to Canberra will be a much tougher test.
- Joey Manu suffered a dislocated finger last week but played on through the pain and the centre should be able to take the field for this one having been named in the side with Brett Morris outside of him.
- Head coach Trent Robinson makes just the single change to the side that blew the Titans away as he recalls Jared Waerea-Hargreaves from suspension which sees Zane Tetevano drop to the bench and that pushes Lindsay Collins out of the side altogether.
Canberra get a big chance to highlight where they are at this season as they face Sydney Roosters in what could be one of the games of the season. The third-placed Raiders have been the surprise package of the season and will leapfrog the Roosters with a win but the away side can edge a tight game. This could go either way with both teams having the capabilities to get on top of the other but the Roosters have been there and done it for the last few years whereas this is a new experience for the Raiders.