2019 NRL – Brisbane Broncos vs South Sydney Rabbitohs Preview & Prediction
When is Brisbane Broncos vs South Sydney Rabbitohs taking place? Friday 23rd August, 10:55
Where is Brisbane Broncos vs South Sydney Rabbitohs taking place? Suncorp Stadium
What channel is Brisbane Broncos vs South Sydney Rabbitohs on?
UK – Sky Sports Arena
Australia – Fox Sports
Where can I stream Brisbane Broncos vs South Sydney Rabbitohs?
UK – Sky Sports subscribers can stream the match via Sky Go
Australia – https://www.telstra.com.au/tv-movies-music/sports-offer
Where can I get tickets for Brisbane Broncos vs South Sydney Rabbitohs?
Brisbane Broncos – https://tickets.nrl.com/team/500011
South Sydney Rabbitohs – https://tickets.nrl.com/team/500005
THE TEAM NEWS
Head Coach: Anthony Seibold
Starting 13: Milford, Isaako, Staggs, Glenn, Oates, Boyd, O’Sullivan, Lodge, McCullough, Haas, Fifita, Gillett, Ofahengaue – Interchanges: Segeyaro, Flegler, Shibasaki, Carrigan – Reserves: Kennedy, Perese, Fenson, Niu
Unavailable: Jack Bird, Richie Kennar, Tom Dearden, Tevita Pangai Jnr., Jake Turpin
- Brisbane secured a huge victory last week as they saw off Penrith to leapfrog the Panthers and end the round in the play-offs but they know their place in the top 8 is far from secure and they must build on that against South Sydney.
- The Broncos will be without Tevita Pangai Jnr. after he was charged with dangerous contact to the head/neck against the Panthers and he could be out for the rest of the season thanks to the judiciary handing him a five-match ban.
- Jake Turpin also copped a ban last week with his place at halfback taken by Sean O’Sullivan whilst Alex Glenn and Matt Gillett return to the side with the pair of internationals lining-up at centre and back row respectively.
SOUTH SYDNEY RABBITOHS
Head Coach: Wayne Bennett
Starting 13: Doueihi, Gagai, Roberts, Turner, Graham, Walker, Reynolds, S. Burgess, Cook, Knight, Sutton, Su’A, Murray – Interchanges: Nicholls, Lowe, Britt, Tatola – Reserves: Amone, Allan, Sironen, Tracey
Unavailable: Kurt Dillon, Alex Johnston, George Burgess, Braidon Burns, Tom Burgess, Sam Burgess
- South Sydney suffered a bad defeat at the hands of Canterbury last week as they failed to cross the whitewash in a poor attacking display and the out-of-sorts side need to turn their form around or risk missing out on the top 4.
- Souths will be without centre Braidon Burns after he suffered another hamstring injury which could rule him out for the year and the Bunnies will also be without Tom Burgess because of a knee injury.
- The Rabbitohs have suffered another blow through the week with Sam Burgess also ruled out after aggravating a quad injury and he will drop out of the side when it is reduced to 19 with Tom Amone a contender to replace the Englishman.
Brisbane secured a vital win over Penrith to boost their play-off hopes but Souths were poor as they could only manage three penalties against Canterbury. The last time these teams met, Souths ended a seven-match losing streak against Brisbane but the home side can reassert their dominance here. Another war of words has played out in the media this week as the animosity remains following the two head coaches swapping teams during the off-season and that ill-feeling may well spill onto the pitch in this one with so much at stake for both clubs.