When is Islamabad United vs Karachi Kings taking place? Thursday 14th March, 14:00
Where is Islamabad United vs Karachi Kings taking place? National Stadium, Karachi
What is the expected weather for Islamabad United vs Karachi Kings? Good weather forecast with temperatures of 25-27c expected
What channel is Islamabad United vs Karachi Kings on? This match will be televised live on HUM Masala (Sky Channel 720)
Where can I stream Islamabad United vs Karachi Kings? This match can be streamed live on https://www.cricketgateway.com
Where can I get tickets for Islamabad United vs Karachi Kings? Ticket information for all PSL 2019 fixtures can be found on https://www.q-tickets.com/psl/eventlist.aspx
All-time meetings: Islamabad United W7, Karachi Kings W4
Last meeting: Islamabad United beat Karachi Kings by 5 wickets
THE TEAM NEWS
Coach: Dean Jones
Captain: Mohammad Sami
- Islamabad United come into the knockout phase determined to defend their crown and following a stunning win in their last group match against Lahore Qalandars where they smashed a record 238/3 from their 20 overs with Delport hitting the fastest century in PSL history.
- That century may have given Delport a lifeline with Alex Hales arriving in Karachi following national team duty with England so it is likely to be Phil Salt that makes way for the big-hitting England batsmen which only adds to their already impressive firepower.
- Their bowling attack continues to be a little hit or miss but Faheem Ashraf has made up for some of the weakness by taking ten wickets in his last two matches so he continues to be incredibly vital for the team and will be here.
Coach: Mickey Arthur
Captain: Imad Wasim
- Karachi Kings lost the final group stage match against Peshawar Zalmi but they had already qualified for the knockout phase following their previous three victories and they will hope the support at home will spur them on in this Eliminator.
- The consistency within their play remains a question mark and the continue to rely heavily on big individual performances rather than strong all-round displays and they really need seven to eight of their players to step up in the key match.
- There is plenty of pressure on Babar Azam at the top of the order as they continue to persist with struggling Kiwi Colin Munro and they desperately need a bigger partnership from their opening batsmen to have any chance against Islamabad here.
Both of these two teams finished level on points in the group with five wins each but Islamabad’s performances were the better of the two teams. The fact they can count on Alex Hales for the knockout stage will also give them a big boost. Karachi have improved as the tournament has progressed, but they are still far from convincing. Their big-name batting line-up can take the game away from any team but ultimately, they have massively under-performed so far. Defending champions Islamabad should raise their game in this Eliminator and knock out the home side.