When? Saturday 24th February
Where? Dubai International Cricket Stadium
Weather? Warm temperatures of around 28-30c expected with sunshine all day.
What channel is it on? Prime TV
Where can I stream the match? Quetta Gladiators vs Lahore Qalandars can be streamed online via http://www.primetv.tv/watch_live.html
Are tickets still available? Ticket information for all PSL 2018 fixtures can be found on http://pakistansuperleague.com.pk/pakistan-super-league-psl-tickets/
All-time meetings: Quetta Gladiators W3, Lahore Qalanders W1
Coach: Moin Khan
Captain: Sarfraz Ahmed
- The Gladiators lost their opening match to the Karachi Kings on Friday as they were 19 runs short of chasing 149 with their batting line-up letting them down which was particularly disappointing given the fact it is their core strength in the side.
- The top of their batting order was particularly disappointing with Asad Shafiq, Shane Watson and Kevin Pietersen all back in the pavilion with just 15 runs on the board so they will have to raise their game and they may consider a new opening partnership with Watson further down.
- Their options to change things around in terms of the batting line-up are somewhat limited until Jason Roy is available after England duty, so changes may be unlikely overall and their bowling attack played well in the opening game.
Coach: Aqib Javed
Captain: Brendon McCullum
- The Lahore outfit came up 43 runs short in their opening game against the Multan Sultans on Friday and they had been competing well in that game before they lost six wickets in 13 balls so they will look to bounce back here.
- The Qalandars rely heavily on their top order for runs and Narine’s pinch-hitting as opener will be key, and he got them off to a strong start on Friday against the Sultans along with Fakhar Zaman’s brilliant knock.
- Skipper Brendan McCullum suffered a five-ball duck in that game, and he will have to raise his game quickly if the Qalandars are to compete in PSL 2018 especially as they are already without star batsman Chris Lynn for the entire tournament.
Both of these teams lost their opening matches as they failed to chase down totals batting second, and both will point to their batting line-ups under-performing. The fundamental difference is that the Gladiators will believe they have plenty of margin for improvement while the Qalandars' loss ultimately showed their lack of depth to their batting line-up right now. That should be the main difference here so the Gladiators have to be favoured in this one.