When? Saturday 10th March
Where? Dubai International Cricket Stadium
Weather? Glorious sunshine and temperatures of 26-28c forecast
What channel is it on? Prime TV
Where can I stream the match? Peshawar Zalmi vs Quetta Gladiators can be streamed online via http://www.primetv.tv/watch_live.html
Are tickets still available? Ticket information for all PSL 2018 fixtures can be found on https://www.q-tickets.com/psl2018/eventslist.aspx
All-time meetings: Quetta Gladiators W3, Peshawar Zalmi W3, No result 1
Coach: Mohammad Akram
Captain: Darren Sammy
- Zalmi have lost their last two matches to the Sultans and United and that was largely down to their average bowling where they conceded over 180 runs in both matches making it difficult for them to chase down.
- They currently sit in fifth position outside of the play-off spots and with just three games left, they really need to win this match against a direct rival in the Gladiators as a win here would take them level on points with the Quetta outfit.
- Darren Sammy returned to the side last time out in the loss to Islamabad but did not bowl so he is still not 100% fit but they will be hoping to win the toss and bat first after struggling to chase down big targets in recent matches.
Coach: Moin Khan
Captain: Sarfraz Ahmed
- The Gladiators have won their last two matches and are finding form at just the right time of the competition as they overcame the Sultans and Kings in two impressive performances with the bat especially.
- Shane Watson and Kevin Pietersen found form with the bat last time out as their 90 and 52 respectively saw them hit 180 runs against the Kings and ultimately beat the Karachi side
- Ben Laughlin has settled into the side as Jofra Archer’s replacement and is looking better with every game right now, so their talented bowling attack is ably supporting their strong batting line-up, and they will surely go unchanged for this game.
Form is certainly with the Gladiators coming into this game but the pressure is on Zalmi to snap their losing run to stay in the hunt for a top four spot. This is just the type of game in which Darren Sammy and his men will be highly motivated to produce the goods and raise their games, but they face one of the in-form teams in the competition. The Gladiators have the batting firepower and a talented bowling attack that is finding form, making it difficult to go against them here.