When? Saturday 3rd March
Where? Sharjah Cricket Stadium
Weather? Sunshine expected after rain yesterday with temperatures of 24-26c.
What channel is it on? Prime TV
Where can I stream the match? Peshawar Zalmi vs Lahore Qalandars can be streamed online via http://www.primetv.tv/watch_live.html
Are tickets still available? Ticket information for all PSL 2018 fixtures can be found on https://www.q-tickets.com/psl2018/eventslist.aspx
All-time meetings: Peshawar Zalmi W3, Lahore Qalanders W1
Coach: Mohammad Akram
Captain: Darren Sammy
- Zalmi come off a fantastic victory in which captain Darren Sammy claimed the man of the match award for hitting 16 off the final over to claim an unlikely victory despite having injured his knee while bowling in the first innings.
- That makes him extremely unlikely to be available here so that may see one of their other overseas players like spinner Liam Dawson come into the side but they will miss Sammy badly for his inspirational play.
- With Dwayne Bravo still unavailable, that now leaves them without two of their key players and will surely impact the team in terms of quality with bat and bowl, as well as leadership from the two West Indians.
Coach: Aqib Javed
Captain: Brendon McCullum
- The Qalandars failed to win on Friday in the PSL 2018 tournament at the fourth time of asking as they lost on a Super Over to Islamabad United after restricting their opponents to 121/9 from their 20 overs.
- Their spinners laid the foundations in that game with Sunil Narine unplayable at times, but it was their incredibly fragile batting which once again let them down as they completely collapsed yet again to only manage to level Islamabad’s relatively low score.
- They made one change for that match on Friday against Islamabad with Irshad coming in for Shaheen, and they may well decide to keep faith with the same starting line-up although there have to be question marks over their morale after that emotional loss.
Zalmi are coming off an excellent win over the Gladiators but if they are without both Sammy and Bravo, then their absences will surely affect performance levels in their upcoming matches. The West Indian duo were seen as key figures to their hopes this season and the injury to Sammy amid his heroics in that victory, will be a huge loss. The Qalandars grasped defeat from the jaws of victory somehow on Friday evening and it will no doubt be a huge further dent to their confidence in a game they should have won easily. They may find the quick turnaround in matches to work against them after such a morale-sapping defeat and Zalmi have to be favoured here.