When? Friday 23rd February
Where? Dubai International Cricket Stadium
Weather? Sunshine and temperatures of 26-30c expected
What channel is it on? Prime TV
Where can I stream the match? Multan Sultans vs Lahore Qalandars can be streamed online viahttp://www.primetv.tv/watch_live.html
Are tickets still available? Ticket information for all PSL 2018 fixtures can be found on http://pakistansuperleague.com.pk/pakistan-super-league-psl-tickets/
All-time meetings: N/A
Coach: Tom Moody
Captain: Shoaib Malik
- The PSL newcomers beat the reigning champions Peshawar Zalmi in the PSL2018 opener on Thursday by seven wickets and they have a quick turnaround in matches as they come up against the Qalandars on Friday hoping to replicate that win.
- Veteran Kumar Sangakkara was named man of the match in that win thanks to his half century but Shoaib Malik was just as important as he guided the team to victory and they will need another strong bowling display here.
- Head Coach Tom Moody and skipper Malik are expected to name the same starting eleven for this game and they will hope that they can carry momentum into this match and beat the Qalandars in their opening match.
Coach: Aqib Javed
Captain: Brendon McCullum
- If the five teams that have played the PSL in the previous two editions, the Qalandars have the worst win ratio of any of those teams so they will be hoping to improve this season and have invested heavily in a bid to succeed.
- They have been dealt a major blow by the injury to big-hitting batsman Chris Lynn who has once again damaged his shoulder in the tri-series final between Australia and New Zealand, so he is replaced by West Indies’ wicket-keeper batsman Denesh Ramdin.
- That will add pressure to the signing of Sunil Narine who was their joint biggest signing along with Lynn and their captain Brendan McCullum, although fellow overseas players Delport and McClenaghan will be key to their hopes too.
The Sultans pulled off an impressive opening day win against the odds and will look to do so here also. The Qalandars have lost Chris Lynn which leaves them light on firepower and means the reliance on McCullum is even greater. The spin duo of Narine and Yasir Shah will be vital and could hold the key to this game, but on a flat Dubai pitch, they may be nullified. The Sultans have an edge of playing on this strip already and with Lynn out, they could rack up a second consecutive win here.