When? Friday 9th March
Where? Dubai International Cricket Stadium
Weather? 26-28c and glorious sunshine all day
What channel is it on? Prime TV
Where can I stream the match? Multan Sultans vs Lahore Qalandars can be streamed online via http://www.primetv.tv/watch_live.html
Are tickets still available? Ticket information for all PSL 2018 fixtures can be found on https://www.q-tickets.com/psl2018/eventslist.aspx
All-time meetings: Multan Sultans W1, Lahore Qalanders W0
Coach: Tom Moody
Captain: Shoaib Malik
- The Sultans lost to the Gladiators last time out on Wednesday but they remain top of the PSL ladder and they will be keen to get back to winning ways against the whipping boys of this year’s tournament.
- Whiteley and Umar Gul came in for the loss to the Gladiators but the latter especially can expect to keep his place as the veteran bowler produced stunning figures of 6-24 as he almost bowled his team to victory.
- Whiteley may retain his place ahead of Bravo but they will try find a place for Junaid Khan who was rested last time out and one of the bowlers could be rotated out for him to come back into the side.
Coach: Aqib Javed
Captain: Brendon McCullum
- The Qalandars lost their sixth consecutive match on Thursday against the Gladiators and skipper Brendan McCullum was furious after their latest defeat and the way they bowled and fielded in defending a reasonable target of 163/8.
- McCullum suggested they may consider making significant changes for upcoming games with some of their younger players being given an opportunity so the likes of Ramdin, Imran Khan and Salman Irshad could all be under threat of being dropped.
- They are all but mathematically out of the tournament now so their motivation may continue to waver although McCullum will be demanding a reaction as they try to salvage some pride after a woeful PSL 2018 campaign.
The Sultans have been the revelation of the tournament so far and they come up against the worst team in the competition in the Qalandars. McCullum’s men have been embarrassing in their six defeats with some heavy losses and there is little prospect of them turning it around now they have nothing but pride to play for. The Sultans will be keen to get back to winning ways and this match offers them the perfect opportunity to do so.