PSL 2018 – Multan Sultans vs Islamabad United Preview
12th Mar 2018 by Rob Esteva
When? Tuesday 13th March
Where? Sharjah Cricket Stadium
Weather? The forecast for Tuesday is 24-26c and sunshine all day.
What channel is it on? Prime TV
Where can I stream the match? Multan Sultans vs Islamabad United can be streamed online via http://www.primetv.tv/watch_live.html
Are tickets still available? Ticket information for all PSL 2018 fixtures can be found on https://www.q-tickets.com/psl2018/eventslist.aspx
Multan Sultans W0, Islamabad United W1
Coach: Tom Moody
Captain: Shoaib Malik
- This is the Sultans' final group stage match so they will be desperate to get a win under their belts as they are then forced to sit and watch the remaining five matches and whether they make the top four places.
- They have lost their last three matches in a row so confidence is low and that is combined by the fact that they lost comfortably to United last time they met, so they will have to pick themselves and raise their game here.
- Viljoen came in for Whiteley last time out and although he took two wickets, he was hit for 49 from his four overs so he may be left out here and there could be other changes for this final crunch game.
Coach: Dean Jones
- Islamabad are arguably the form team in the PSL 2018 right now having won their last four matches and they have three matches remaining and sit joint top of the ladder so they are in a strong position.
- Their batting has been superb in this run of victories and they can now also count on England international Alex Hales who has arrived in Dubai and could be in contention to play despite their strong performances.
- The issue of playing the play-offs in Pakistan remains an issue with Hales among several English players to have rejected additional payments to play there amid security concerns so that could potentially be a factor in his selection although they will want to get value for the money spent on the star opening batsman.
Contrasting form for these two sides as the Sultans are at risk of throwing away their positive start to the campaign while Islamabad are on fire right now and will take some stopping. They have won their last four and can add Alex Hales to their formidable batting line-up. The Sultans have started to fade a little in recent weeks but need to win this final match to consolidate their position in the top four, but everything in terms of team news and form points to United.
Scribble your email address here and click subscribe to receive our newsletter on all things sport, data and analysis!