When? Thursday 8th March
Where? Dubai International Cricket Stadium
Weather? Warm temperatures of 22-24c expected
What channel is it on? Prime TV
Where can I stream the match? Karachi Kings vs Quetta Gladiators can be streamed online via http://www.primetv.tv/watch_live.html
Are tickets still available? Ticket information for all PSL 2018 fixtures can be found on https://www.q-tickets.com/psl2018/eventslist.aspx
All-time meetings: Karachi Kings W1, Quetta Gladiators W4
Coach: Mickey Arthur
Captain: Imad Wasim
- The Kings were comprehensively beaten by an inspired performance by Luke Ronchi and Islamabad United last time out and that has seen them slip behind the Multan Sultans at the top so they will be keen to get back to winning ways.
- It was their batting that let them down in that game as they scored their runs at a slow strike rate and it ultimately cost them, while the absence of Shahid Afridi did not help them and he will be out of action for another week.
- They will not make any kneejerk reactions to that loss to United however, and there is every chance that they will name the same set of players for this game and rack up another win over the Gladiators following their 19-run win earlier in the tournament.
Coach: Moin Khan
Captain: Sarfraz Ahmed
- The top five teams in PSl 2018 are so tightly placed in the ladder, the Gladiators know that a win here would go a long way to put them in firm contention for a final four place as the intensity in the tournament begins to ramp up.
- They brought back Kevin Pietersen for their match on Wednesday and they will hope he came through that game unscathed and able to play once again despite his recent injury problems.
- Barring any unreported injuries picked up against the Sultans, there is every chance that they will go unchanged for this game and that would see them give a second start to Aussie bowler Ben Laughlin who has been a revelation in the Big Bash.
Every game at this stage in the tournament is growing in importance and this match is no different. The Kings lost their last match and they saw the one before that washed out, so they will be keen to get back to winning ways here against an inconsistent Gladiators side. The absence of Afridi is certainly a blow to them for his leadership and influence as much as anything else, but they have quality throughout their team and should have too much for the Gladiators.