When? Monday 26th February
Where? Dubai International Cricket Stadium
Weather? Sunshine and temperatures of 26-28c expected
What channel is it on? Prime TV
Where can I stream the match? Karachi Kings vs Lahore Qalandars can be streamed online via http://www.primetv.tv/watch_live.html
Are tickets still available? Ticket information for all PSL 2018 fixtures can be found on http://pakistansuperleague.com.pk/pakistan-super-league-psl-tickets/
All-time meetings: Karachi Kings W3, Lahore Qalanders W1
Coach: Mickey Arthur
Captain: Imad Wasim
- The Kings come into this big rivalry match against the Qalandars as hot favourites as they sit top of the ladders as the only team with a 100% winning record so far and they will be confident of a third win.
- Their top order matches the Qalandars in terms of star prowess, but they have an excellent selection of allrounders in Bopara and Shahid Afridi to strengthen their middle order and give depth to their batting which the Qalandars just do not have.
- In their win on Sunday against Peshawar Zalmi, their highest scoring batsman was only 29, but several players contributed and their bowling was on point yet again with Afridi and Amir, so the team as a whole is producing the goods right now and changes are unlikely.
Coach: Aqib Javed
Captain: Brendon McCullum
- The Qalandars are the only team in PSL 2018 yet to win a game so far and their prospects of reaching the latter stage of the tournament already look bleak based on how they have been comprehensively outplayed in both games so far.
- It was their batting once again that let them down so badly in their loss to the Quetta Gladiators as they struggled to 119/9 and that came after openers Narine and McCullum got them off to a fantastic start with 46 off the first 3.3 overs before the first wicket fell and the rest of their batting order collapsed.
- They currently do not have any great options to improve their batting line-up while their bowling attack itself is playing reasonably well with Yasir Shah and company in solid form, so the pressure is on McCullum, Narine, Umar Akmal, Delport and Fakhar Zaman to score heavily or another loss is impending.
The Karachi Kings come into this game as the only team to have a 100% winning record and they face the Lahore Qalandars who are the only team with a 100% losing record. It is difficult to see anything other than the Kings winning this game based on the four matches that each team has been involved with so far. They have been relatively impressive albeit with plenty of room for improvement still, but the Qalandars have been woeful. The make-up of their team is poor and until any internationals return to rescue them, they look like being comfortably the weakest side in PSL 2018 unless skipper Brendan McCullum can produce some serious magic. Everything points to the Kings here.