PSL 2018 – Islamabad United vs Quetta Gladiators Preview
26th Feb 2018 by Rob Esteva
When? Wednesday 28th February
Where? Sharjah Cricket Stadium
Weather? Temperatures of 26-28c expected with sunshine all day
What channel is it on? Prime TV
Where can I stream the match? Islamabad United vs Quetta Gladiators can be streamed online via http://www.primetv.tv/watch_live.html
Are tickets still available? Ticket information for all PSL 2018 fixtures can be found on http://pakistansuperleague.com.pk/pakistan-super-league-psl-tickets/
All-time meetings: Islamabad United W3, Quetta Gladiators W2
Coach: Dean Jones
- Quetta Gladiators picked up their first win of their campaign by dominating the Qalandars on Saturday by nine wickets with six overs remaining and they will take big confidence from that game as they come into this match.
- Jofra Archer showed signs of his best form last time out with three wickets while Mohammad Nawaz claimed two wickets for four runs off four overs in what was the most economical performance in PSL history so they will look to expose this questionable Islamabad batting line-up.
- Along with their bowling, their batting clicked into gear last time out with Shane Watson hitting a superb 66 and they will be confident that the depth of their batting can overpower and outscore United.
Coach: Moin Khan
Captain: Sarfraz Ahmed
- Islamabad United grabbed their first win of PSL 2018 against Multan Sultans on Sunday and that was largely due to some outstanding bowling by Rumman Raees, Mohammad Sami and Steven Finn whose combined 11.5 overs went for just 47 runs.
- They were once again without skipper Misbah and they will be desperately hoping he can return from his troublesome hamstring problem as their batting line-up remains fragile and they were almost exposed in that game before Hussain Talat’s 48 off 34 balls.
- These two teams have history having met in the final of the inaugural PSL 2016 in which Islamabad won by six wickets so they will be looking for a repeat of that and a second consecutive win in this year’s edition.
Both of these teams are coming off victories in their last matches as the tournament now moves to Sharjah on a pitch that should play fairly similar to Dubai. The Gladiators were outstanding last time out with bat and ball, with their batting especially looking extremely impressive compared to United’s in a similar run chase. They both possess talented bowling attacks, but the edge goes to the Gladiators whose batting quality should see them to victory.
Scribble your email address here and click subscribe to receive our newsletter on all things sport, data and analysis!