When? Sunday 18th March
Where? Dubai International Cricket Stadium
Weather? Weather here
What channel is it on? Prime TV (Sky channel 792)
Where can I stream the match? Islamabad United vs Karachi Kings can be streamed online via http://www.primetv.tv/watch_live.html
Are tickets still available? Ticket information for all PSL 2018 fixtures can be found on https://www.q-tickets.com/psl2018/eventslist.aspx
All-time meetings: Islamabad United W3, Karachi Kings W5
Coach: Dean Jones
- United lost their final group game to the Karachi Kings after being bowled out for 124 which allowed the Kings to reach the play-offs, but United will be hoping to regain the outstanding form that saw them win their six previous matches.
- Skipper Misbah-ul-Haq is a major doubt for this game with a wrist injury so he could miss out here wit JP Duminy on standby to lead the side if he is indeed absent, and they would miss his influence and experience.
- Mohammad Sami and Luke Ronchi were both rested for that game but will come back into the starting line-up for this match and that will make a significant difference to both the batting and bowling as they aim to directly qualify for the final.
Coach: Mickey Arthur
Captain: Eoin Morgan
- After being on the verge of missing out on the play-offs altogether, the Kings finished second in the group with the win over Islamabad and now face the same opponents in a bid to move directly into the final rather than go through the play-off matches.
- Their bowlers raised their game significantly in that match with Usman Khan taking four wickets and Tymal Mills returning with economical numbers so they will know they have to produce something close to that form to have any chance against this stronger Islamabad batting line-up.
- Usman Khan and Shahid Afridi will both be key men for the Kings as they have 14 and 13 wickets respectively, while they will also require another strong batting performance as anything less than 170 is unlikely to win this match with both teams at full batting strength.
These two teams played on Friday and it was the Kings who emerged victorious but United had nothing to play for in that match having already sealed top spot and they rested a couple of key players. This will be a very different game and assuming United do not let that slip impact them psychologically, then they will be strong favourites here. The Kings have the names on paper, but they have yet to really produce the performances expected of them since early in the tournament. Unless they are able to peak when it matters, Islamabad are favoured in this one.