AT A GLANCE
When is Pakistan vs New Zealand taking place? Friday, November 16th
Where Pakistan vs New Zealand taking place? Abu Dhabi
What is the expected weather for Pakistan vs New Zealand? 28-30c with sun largely forecast for the full five days
What channel is Pakistan vs New Zealand on? The match will be shown live on Star GOLD (Sky Channel 729)
Where can I stream Pakistan vs New Zealand? The match will not be available via streaming
Are tickets still available for Pakistan vs New Zealand? https://www.q-tickets.com/pakvnz2018/eventlist.aspx
THE TEAM NEWS
Captain: Sarfraz Ahmed
- Pakistan have enjoyed some good form in this format of the game in 2018 as they come off successful series against England as they split a two-match series and then they beat Australia in UAE last month 1-0 in another two-match series.
- The bowling attack in particular will have a different look to the ODIs and T20s as star paceman Mohammad Abbas comes into the line-up and he has been one of the best pace bowlers in the world in 2018 so he will look to continue his red hot form while Yasir Shah will also come back into the side
- Fakhar Zaman has been rested and left out of the squad for this game as talented youngster Saad Ali has been called up but they have an embarrassment of riches with Imam ul-Haq, Mohammad Hafeez, Babar Azam and Azhar Ali all in good form in this format.
Captain: Kane Williamson
- New Zealand have not played a test match in almost eight months since England visited them in March but their form in this format is relatively good overall having won six and drawn four of their last 11 tests.
- This series is the first away test series since 2016 for them so that recent record does flatter them a touch given the matches were all at home although they last played in UAE with many of the same players and they performed well as they drew 1-1 in a three-match series.
- The form of some of their batsmen will be a concern for the selectors and they will need De Grandhomme especially to step up to support the star men like Williamson and Taylor, while they will rely heavily on their veteran pacemen and spinner Ish Sodhi to make the difference with the ball.
New Zealand are ranked fourth in the world rankings in the test format and Pakistan are seventh but that is somewhat misleading. Pakistan have been active and come off a series win over Australia as they look to continue their good form. New Zealand have been relatively inactive but when they have played test matches, they have been on home turf in the last two years which has given them an advantage. They will compete in Abu Dhabi and test Pakistan, but they face an inspired Mohammad Abbas who should be the difference maker once again for his team.