AT A GLANCE
When is New Zealand vs Sri Lanka taking place? Friday, 11th January, 06:00
Where is New Zealand vs Sri Lanka taking place? Eden Park, Auckland
What is the expected weather for New Zealand vs Sri Lanka? 20-22c with cloud but no rain forecast
What channel is New Zealand vs Sri Lanka on? The match will be shown live on Sky Sports Cricket
Where can I stream New Zealand vs Sri Lanka? New Zealand vs Sri Lanka will be streamed live on Sky Go
Are tickets still available for New Zealand vs Sri Lanka? https://premier.ticketek.co.nz...
New Zealand beat Sri Lanka by 9 wickets
THE TEAM NEWS
Captain: Tim Southee
- New Zealand sealed the one-day international series in style by winning the third match in Nelson for the clean sweep and they will now move to the shortest format of the game as they look to win the sole T20 match to finish the tour with Sri Lanka.
- They will be without James Neesham who was something of a revelation in the ODIs after making a successful return to the international stage and contributing well with both bat and ball so all-rounder Doug Bracewell comes into the squad and he could feature.
- They welcome back Mitchell Santner after a long absence through a serious knee injury and the spinner will likely start in a team that is somewhat under-strength as skipper Kane Williamson is rested so Tim Southee will captain the side but they still have plenty of quality in their ranks.
Captain: Lasith Malinga
- Sri Lanka come into the final match of their tour of New Zealand desperate to come away with something after losing both the Test and ODI series, so they will aim to win this sole T20 international match in Auckland.
- They named the same set of players for both the ODIs and the T20 match and will be skippered by Lasith Malinga for this match, and despite losing all three ODIs, they were competitive in the first two matches at least.
- They did make one or two changes in the ODIs but they will not make any radical changes to the side and they will hope that Dickwella, Kusal Perera, Gunathilaka and Thisara Perera can all fire at the same time to try and match the Blackcaps’ big hitting.
New Zealand were dominant in the one-day internationals so they will be full of confidence coming into this sole T20 match. They will make one or two changes for this match but they still have a quality team at their disposal. That said, they have only won one of their last ten T20 matches so they will be keen to improve on that record and in truth, those matches were against quality opposition in Pakistan, England and Australia. Sri Lanka are unlikely to pose the same kind of issues as those other teams and they should fall short once again.