AT A GLANCE
When is New Zealand vs Pakistan taking place? Friday, November 2nd
Where New Zealand vs Pakistan taking place? Dubai International Cricket Stadium
What is the expected weather for New Zealand vs Pakistan? 28-30c with sun and some cloud forecast
What channel is New Zealand vs Pakistan on? The match will be shown live on Star GOLD (Sky Channel 729)
Where can I stream New Zealand vs Pakistan? The match will not be available via streaming
Are tickets still available for New Zealand vs Pakistan? https://www.q-tickets.com/pakvnz2018/eventlist.aspx
THE TEAM NEWS
Captain: Kane Williamson
- New Zealand showed little rustiness on their return to international on Wednesday after seven months as they came within two runs of Pakistan’s 148/6 total and skipper Kane Williamson was relatively pleased with the performance of his team.
- Their bowling unit was particularly impressive with Patel, Milne and Sodhi all shining but they will expect more from veteran Tim Southee here while the fifth bowling option could be a potential weakness for them as De Grandhomme and Munro shared four expensive overs so there is a chance Lockie Ferguson could come in.
- Only Munro and Taylor managed to get to grips with the pitch and Pakistan bowling attack and they will need more of their top order to contribute coming in to this crucial second T20 match in Dubai.
Captain: Sarfraz Ahmed
- Pakistan come into this match knowing victory will see them win their 11th consecutive series victory so motivation is high and they will take heart from the win in the opening T20 match but know they have a real challenge on their hands against New Zealand.
- Babar Azam and Sahibzada Farhan both failed in the first match as the two openers were out with just ten on the board from 3.1 overs which on one hand is a positive as they have plenty of room for improvement, but they need the latter to contribute more while Fakhar Zaman remains out injured.
- There is every chance they will name the same line-up for this match although Hussain Talat may come into their plans if they leave Sahibzada Farhan out but the team looks strong overall and on a pitch that will spin, the fact they have Mohammad Hafeez as a third spinner gives them good options with the ball.
New Zealand came within a whisker of beating Pakistan in the opening T20 match and they will take heart from that coming into this match. This pitch will suit the batsmen a little better than the last one in Abu Dhabi and that could help this dynamic Kiwi batting line-up. That said, it will likely spin more too which will favour Pakistan’s bowlers. The first game came down to fine margins with Imad Wasim hitting a four and a six at the end of Pakistan’s innings to give them a boost in momentum which ultimately proved key. Form just has to go with Pakistan once again here so they have to be favoured to edge this but don’t rule out New Zealand fighting back in what should be a close match.