When is Netherlands vs Scotland taking place? Wednesday, 13th February, 05:15
Where is Netherlands vs Scotland taking place? Al Amarat, Oman
What is the expected weather for Netherlands vs Scotland? 21-23c and sunshine forecast all day
What channel is Netherlands vs Scotland on? The match will not be televised live
Where can I stream Netherlands vs Scotland? The match will not be streamed live
Where can I get tickets for Netherlands vs Scotland? Ticket can be purchased directly at the stadium
Scotland beat Netherlands by 115 runs
THE TEAM NEWS
Captain: Pieter Seelaar
- Netherlands come into this quadrangular series with Scotland, Ireland and Oman hoping to fare better than they did last summer in the tri-nation series with the Scots and Irish, where they were beaten twice by Scotland in both encounters.
- They will be led by skipper Pieter Seelaar but they will be hoping their contingent from the English county scene can lead them to victory with Ryan ten Doeschate and Shane Snater of Essex being key for them, along with Somerset veteran Roelof van der Merwe.
- It was their bowling that primarily let them down in the two matches against Scotland in the summer as they conceded 221/3 in the first game while they were unable to trouble the Scottish batsmen when defending 160/6 also, so that will have to improve and should with Van der Merwe and Ten Doeschate in their ranks.
Captain: Kyle Coetzer
- Scotland have won their last 4 T20 internationals against Netherlands so they will be confident coming into this match and it follows a training camp in La Manga in Spain where the squad have been preparing for this series.
- More of their players have been playing international T20 tournaments such as Ruaidhri Smith with Glamorgan in the T20 Blast and Calum MacLeod who has done well in the same tournament and the Afghanistan Premier League.
- The top order of Coetzer, Munsey, Berrington and MacLeod are always key to their hopes in any game and they will be confident after enjoying good performances in the summer in the two games against the Dutch where they dominated their bowlers.
Scotland had a clear edge against Netherlands in the Tri-Nations series in the summer where they beat them twice. Despite this series being in Oman and in conditions different to the summer in the Netherlands, they will be just as capable of adjusting as the Dutch will be. The return of Van der Merwe and Ten Doeschate for the Dutch is key and they were not available in those two matches in the summer so that should even things up a little. That said, the Scottish should still have the edge all-round to win this barring any heroics from Ten Doeschate especially.