Bengal Warriors vs U Mumba – VIVO Pro Kabaddi Semi-finals Preview & Prediction
When is Bengal Warriors vs U Mumba taking place? Wednesday, October 16th (16:00 UK / 20:30 IST)
Where is Bengal Warriors vs U Mumba taking place? EKA Arena by TransStadia in Ahmedabad, Gujarat
What channel is Bengal Warriors vs U Mumba on? This match will not be televised live in the UK
Where can I stream Bengal Warriors vs U Mumba? This match will not be streamed live in the UK
Where can I get tickets for Bengal Warriors vs U Mumba? Tickets can be purchased here
Bengal Warriors 29-26 U Mumba
THE TEAM NEWS
- Bengal Warriors come into this semi-final clash with U Mumba following a strong end to the group stage which saw them win eight of their last nine matches to finish second behind Dabang Delhi so they bring plenty of momentum into this match.
- They won both matches against U Mumba in the group phase as they won 32-30 in Leg 3 in Patna followed by another narrow 29-26 victory in Leg 8 in Kolkata so they will take confidence from winning both low-scoring matches in this edition of the VIVO Pro Kabaddi.
- One of the biggest strengths of this Warriors team is the fact they do not rely so heavily on individual players as while Maninder Singh leads the way in raids with 205 – the fifth highest in the tournament this season – they share the points around the team, and that will be key to their success here.
- U Mumba finished the group stage in fourth position overall but they put in a dominant display in the second Eliminator on Monday to overcome Haryana Steelers and earn a semi-final clash with Bengal Warriors.
- The stars of the show in the Eliminator were Abhishek Singh and Arjun Deshwal who combined for 31 points in the win over the Steelers and the duo will be vital cogs if they are to beat the Warriors for the first time of the season.
- Iranian left-corner defender Fazel Atrachali has proved his worth this year as the leading tackler in the tournament with 81 so far, and if this match follows the same pattern as their previous two encounters this season, their captain will be a key figure in defence for them against the Warriors.
Bengal Warriors and U Mumba have played out two very close matches already this season and this one promises to be no different. U Mumba will have to be at their very best if they are to beat the Warriors after losing both previous matches this season however. The Warriors are incredibly well-rounded and with the momentum of having won eight of their last nine matches, they come into the knockout phase in exceptional form. The Warriors should edge what should be another close encounter.