When is Mumbai Indians vs Rajasthan Royals taking place? Saturday 13th April, 11:30 (UK)
Where is Mumbai Indians vs Rajasthan Royals taking place? Wankhede Stadium, Mumbai
What is the expected weather for Mumbai Indians vs Rajasthan Royals? Sunshine forecast all day with 35c expected and 50% humidity
What channel is Mumbai Indians vs Rajasthan Royals on? This match will be televised live on BT Sport ESPN
Where can I stream Mumbai Indians vs Rajasthan Royals? BT Sport subscribers can stream the match on the BT Sport app
Where can I get tickets for Mumbai Indians vs Rajasthan Royals? https://www.iplt20.com/schedule
All-time meetings: Mumbai Indians W11, Rajasthan Royals W9, No result 1
Last meeting: Rajasthan Royals beat Mumbai Indians by 7 wickets
THE TEAM NEWS
Coach: Mahela Jayawardene
Captain: Rohit Sharma
- Mumbai Indians are coming off a third successive win on Wednesday as they produced a stunning batting display to chase down Kings XI Punjab’s impressive 197/4 with stand-in skipper Kieron Pollard smashing 83 from 31 balls to win by three wickets on the last ball of the game.
- Lasith Malinga was rested for the last two matches with Alzarri Joseph coming into the side but it may be Jason Behrendorff’s turn to have a rest as they rotate their pace bowlers to keep them all fresh.
- Siddhesh Lad came in against Kings XI for the injured Rohit Sharma who was held out due to an injury picked up in training as a precaution but they will hope with a couple of days rest prior to this match that the opening batsmen and captain can come back into the team for this match.
Coach: Paddy Upton
Captain: Ajinkya Rahane
- Rajasthan Royals are running out of chances after they lost once again on Thursday to Chennai Super Kings in another narrow game but one they were controlling for long spells only to succumb to more heroics from MS Dhoni.
- There is strong chat around Ashton Turner finally coming into the side for either Steve Smith or Ben Stokes to give them more big-hitting and another bowling option so it could well be Smith who does not possess the firepower to score quickly enough.
- They look to bat with much more intent and determination to hit big in the last match as opposed to previous games so they will continue with that approach in Mumbai on what should be a batting-friendly pitch.
Form is most certainly with Mumbai Indians coming into this game with the only real potential issue being complacency. Rajasthan Royals lost again on Thursday and their hopes are diminishing quickly so this match is literally a must-win match for them. The track should suit batsmen, but the Royals’ bowling attack continues to struggle with only Jofra Archer emerging with any credit. They will likely struggle against the Indians’ batsmen, while the bowling unit of Bumrah, Joseph and the Pandyas should be able to hold the Royals and inflict another defeat.